Gandhi Jayanti 2022: Lessons by Mahatma Gandhi on being a successful entrepreneur & his powerful quotes.
Gandhi Jayanti 2022: Father of the nation, Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi, was born on Oct 2nd, 1869. 2nd October is considered a national holiday in India and celebrated as Gandhi Jayanti. Gandhiji is also called ‘Bapu’. Mahatma Gandhi was a global leader. He is praised all across the globe as an idealist who used civil disobedience to get rid of colonial rule from Britishers. Well, there is so much that one can learn from him. Mahatma Gandhi inspired many leaders through patience, peace, and bringing significant change. But do you know his teachings can also help you to become a successful entrepreneur?
On the occasion of Gandhi Jayanti 2022, here we bring to you 5 lessons that you can learn from him to be a successful entrepreneur.
1. Speak Truth because it is an important part of Business Ethics
He has always preached to speak the Truth. Of course, it is important to be diplomatic when getting your work done. But the fact will always help you to be transparent. One should be truthful with their clients and employees too.
2. Let the change begin from you
Being an entrepreneur is not an easy task. There is so much that you need to learn. The road to being a successful entrepreneur is not easy. From handling finances to handling a team, there is so much that one needs to do. Mahatma Gandhi preached – Let the change begin from you. For example – If you want your employees to be on time and work dedicatedly, you first need to set a standard for them.
3. Be Positive – That what you need in the beginning
There would be times when you will feel like giving up. The road you have chosen is full of experiences that could be good or bad. All you need to do is ‘Stay Positive’. Never give up because your efforts will never go waste.
4. Learn to Forgive- Business too need emotions
You can treat people like machines. Emotions and connectivity are essential to run a business. There would be a time when people will commit mistakes, and you need to forgive them. Because every time you make a mistake, you learn something new.
5. If you have an idea, give it a try
Do not forget to try. He kept pushing for the freedom of India. He wasn’t successful for the first time. He had put in a lot of hard work. That’s what we should learn from him. We should at least try. Else, we will regret that we never tried.
Gandhiji’s lasting contribution and sacrifices toward his country are unforgettable and will always remain in our hearts. But the question arises, are we really following his path? Are we really concerned about our nation?
Deep inside our souls, we all know the answer but hardly listen to our inner voice. Gandhiji once said “Agar wo ek gaal par maarein, toh tum dusra aage kar Dena”. His thought process was different. You might mock them today, but they can really do wonders in one’s life.
Some of his famous lines are:
· “The weak can never forgive; forgiveness is the attribute of the strong.”
· “Be the change you wish to see in the world.”
· “First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight with you, then you win.”
· “An eye for an eye ends up making the whole world blind.”
· “Even if you are a minority of one, the truth is the truth.”
· “You, as much as anybody in the universe, deserve your love and affection.”
· “The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others.”
· “Strength does not come from physical capacity; it comes from an indomitable will.”
Gandhiji always talked about peace and harmony. He believed that one shall conquer and win the fight without any weapon, and he did it.
Happy Birthday to Sabarmati Ka Sant!
EDIT- Ayushi Mittal