India Records 2,541 fresh COVID Cases, PM Modi to chair a meeting on April 27
- Surge in COVID 19 cases
- PM Modi to take a meeting on April 27
- Are we heading towards 4th wave?
COVID Cases : If you think the Pandemic is over, then don’t be a fool! India is currently witnessing the surge in COVID 19 cases. India has recorded 2,541 Covid 19 cases. Many states have again made wearing masks compulsory. If we look at the numbers, the number of cases has doubled in the country. Notably, India has reported 15,700 covid cases (18- 24) as compared to 8050 last week, an increase of 95 percent.
Delhi, Haryana and Uttar Pradesh accounted for a bulk of new cases this week. The surge in cases can be seen all across India. States including Rajasthan, Maharashtra, Karnataka, Tamil Nadu, Bengal have also reported a surge in the cases. Talking about the National capital, Delhi recorded 6,000 + cases this week. The active cases in the country rose from 11,500 to 16,300. While cases have been rising over the past two weeks- it is still unclear whether it’s mainly due to new omicron variants or due to falling immunity because of a long gap since the second dose.
Prime Minister Narenda Modi to take a meeting on April 27
After witnessing the sharp increase in the covid 19 cases. Prime Minister Narendra Modi has decided to chair Covid 19 review meeting. He will be chairing the meeting on April 27 to review the current situation in the country.
Read More- Covid 19 Weddings: Industry experts reveal how Indian weddings have changed Forever
Are we heading towards the fourth wave?
When life was returning to normal, cases were on decline, and now, suddenly cases are rising. Amid the fears of fourth wave, health experts are suggesting that there is a possibility that new variants are emerging of the Omicron and they are being sequenced. Notably, China has undergone a complete lockdown due to an increase in cases. Germany and other European countries have also reported a rise in cases. There is definitely fear of the 4th wave coming to India.
read more- Caregiver of Covid-19: Are You The Caregiver of A Covid-19 Patient? Here are Some Guidelines for You
Health Experts shared how India should prepare itself?
- Removal of masks is too premature. India has to keep using the masks. It is one of the most effective ways to protect yourself from COVID 19 infection.
- All those who have not completed their vaccination should go for it. People who are eligible for booster shots should also go for it
- Vaccination for the children – If your kids are not vaccinated, you should get them vaccinated as soon as possible
- Schools should shift to online classes as it will prevent the infection
- Keep washing hands and using sanitizers.