How to do some Creative Cooking with Leftovers? Here are 5 recipes you will love
Creative cooking with leftovers is a fun and sustainable way to make delicious meals out of yesterday’s leftovers. We are often left with food that we don’t eat the same day. However, instead of throwing it out, why don’t you try these amazing recipes that not only make delicious meals but are also sustainable as they reuse the leftover food items and nothing goes to waste?
Read more:- Breakfast Ideas For Last-Minute Cooking
- Fried idli is a perfect combination with a cup of hot tea. All you need is to take the leftover idlis, fry it in the oil with some mustard seeds and curry leaves, and add some onions, green chillies, ginger, and tomato as you, please. You can also add some pizza pasta sauce to make it a little bit more tangy and fun. Garnish it with coriander leaves, squeeze lemon juice, and serve it hot.
- Chapati salad is an easy way to reuse the leftover chapatis. All you need to do is tear the chapatis into small pieces, and fry them in oil or even an air fryer so that you don’t end up having a lot of fried items. Add chopped vegetables, chickpeas, vinegar, salt, and chaat masala to this mix. Mix all of these and serve it fresh.
- Fried rice is one of the most common go-to dishes when it comes to reusing leftover rice. All you need for fried rice is some chopped onions, garlic, vegetables, soy sauce, and vinegar. You can also add eggs if you are an eggitarian. Fried rice is not only healthy but also very easy to make.
- Vegetable Frankie makes use of leftover cooked vegetables. So if you have boiled potatoes, peas, carrots, or any veggies that are left just mash them all together. Season them with chaat masala and salt and you have a perfect cutlet that can go inside your roti with some chopped onions, tomatoes, and green chillies. Have it with tomato ketchup or chutney of your choice.
- Cheese cutlets- To make cheese cutlets you need the leftover mashed potatoes, and to add a dash of yummy you can add grated cheese to it. Mix the mashed potatoes, grated cheese, onions, green chillies, coriander leaves, and your favourite spices. Now shape the mixture into a cutlet. Coat them with bread crumbs and fry them until golden brown.
Though these recipes are the most basic recipes of how to get creative with your leftovers, you will realize that the more you enter the kitchen and the more you experiment, many delicious possibilities are waiting for you.
Liked this post?
Register at One World News to never miss out on videos, celeb interviews, and best reads.