Top 7 reasons to plan holidays in Himachal Pradesh
Himachal Pradesh is the beauty of India. Many tourist every year visit India just to capture it’s beauty in their cameras and eyes and we must say Himachal Pradesh always stays top on their list. You should even plan a perfect holidays in Himachal Pradesh. Its spectacular snow-clad peaks, dense pine forests, roaring rivers and zigzag roads, is a gift from Nature.
Related : 7 less explored destinations in Himachal Pradesh, where you can visit this winter
In Himachal Pradesh, there is so much to explore, so much to do. Whether it is Shimla, Manali or Dalhousie, every place provides you with a unique experience. Here, are few convincing reasons why you should go to Himachal to spend your vacations :
1. Khajjiar – The mini Switzerland of India:Why to spend so much to go Switzerland? We have that in our country too. Khajjiar is referred to as the “mini-Switzerland” of India due to its green pastures, dense forests and pristine lakes. This place is also famous for its nine-hole golf course which is enveloped by lush greenery and a marvelous landscape.
2. Dalhousie: The beautiful place it is. The hill station of Dalhousie is dressed in a colonial charm which evokes nostalgic memories of the British Raj. The town’s varying altitudes have gifted it with a diverse variety of vegetation including deodars, oaks and pines. If you are planning to go Himachal then must visit Dalhousie.
3. Dharamshala- The little Lhasa: How can we forget about Dharamshala? Many of you have visited it as well. This lovely hill station, located about 17km northeast of Kangra town, is carpeted with oak and conifer trees. It’s encircled by snow-clad peaks on three sides. It gained its fame as “The Little Lhasa in India,” ever since it became the temporary headquarters of His Holiness the Dalai Lama.
Related : Explore the hidden beauty of Himachal Pradesh!
4. River Rafting in Manali: Apart from absorbing the beauty of its scenic landscape, Manali has been a favorite destination for water sports. Manali captures the hidden beauty of our country. River Beas, stretching over a distance of almost 20km in Manali with the right kind of stability, provides the ideal location for this exciting sport. Possessing the most ideal currents, it provides the scope for river rafting throughout the year.
5. Lakes of Wonder :Couples this place is all for you! You can plan your honeymoon here. The fabulous lakes scattered throughout the state embellish its intrinsic beauty. Sage Brighu is said to have performed penance by its banks. Kareri Lake, with its crystal clear waters, is a famous picnic spot.
6. The Land of Monasteries: Himachal Pradesh is home to some of the most ancient monasteries in the world, besides being the abode of the 14th Dalai Lama. One of the famous monasteries is the Shahshur Monastery. Founded in the 17th century AD, it attracts throngs of tourists in the month of June/July when the Lamas perform devil dance. Trace the history if you are big history lover.
7. Exciting wildlife: One of the things which does is the presence of animals from the Great Himalayas. A visit to its wildlife sanctuaries lets one witness several exotic animals like Snow Leopard, Black Bear, Barking Deer, Goral, Sambhar etc.
Musk Deer, Monal and Brown Bear are also found in the various wildlife sanctuaries here. Some of the most famous wildlife sanctuaries where these animals can be witnessed are, Renuka Wildlife Sanctuary, Simbalbara Sanctuary, Kanawar Sanctuary.
Related : Places you cannot miss in Himachal Pradesh
Things you should keep in mind before plan a holiday to Himachal Pradesh!
1. Tour Documents
Tour confirmation voucher in printed format is a must for all travelers. It is needed for check-in at the hotels and for the Cab and driver details.
2. Weather conditions
Most areas of Bilaspur, Una, Solan, Sirmour, Hamirpur and Kangra are largely warm to hot in summer (25 degrees to 15 degrees), and mild to pleasant in winter (15 degree to 5 degrees). The district of Chamba, Kinnaur, Kullu, Shimla and Lahaul and Spiti are mild to pleasant (15 degree to 5 degree) in summer and cold in winter (10 degree to -5 Degree). So, keep in mind weather conditions and plan your vacations accordingly.
3. Travel packages
Head to Himachal to witness lush valleys surrounded by snow-capped hills. Indulge in skiing, paragliding, and other adventure sports. Book holiday packages inclusive of airport transfers, cab, resort, sightseeing, and meals to Shimla, Manali, Kasol, Dharamshala, and more.
4. Id proofs
Government issued identity proofs need to be shown at the hotel or resort before check-in. Always keep the Id proof with yourself while travelling.
Tip 5: Emergency Numbers
Always keep the emergency contacts of the place you are visiting and your family members handy. Always save the details of your accommodation in your mobile devices and share the information with your family members.
Have a news story, an interesting write-up or simply a suggestion? Write to us at