Winter Session Parliament 2021 Begins: Key debates, aspects, and bills
The Lok Sabha on Monday passed the Agriculture Laws Repeal Bill, 2021 amid sloganeering by opposition MPs. Agriculture Minister Narendra Singh Tomar introduced the proceedings of the house in the afternoon as soon as it started in the lower house. The bill was passed by voice vote. Winter session Parliament 2021 has already begun, here are a few highlights.
Opposition MPs created ruckus in the House when the bill was introduced. The MPs were demanding discussion on the bill, but the government said there was no need for discussion. This bill will now be introduced in the Rajya Sabha. Once approved by the Upper House, the Agricultural Laws Repeal Bill will be sent to the President for final assent.
Earlier today, Prime Minister Narendra Modi said that the government is ready to discuss all issues and answer all questions, but the dignity of Parliament and the Speaker must be maintained. Key highlights of Winter Session Parliament 2021.
Bills to be introduced in the winter session of parliament:
1) Cryptocurrency and Regulation of Official Digital Currency Bill, 2021
The Cryptocurrency and Regulation of Official Digital Currency Bill, 2021, seeks to “ban all private cryptocurrencies in India, however, it allows certain exceptions to promote cryptocurrencies and the technology underlying its use.”
2) Agriculture Law Repeal Bill, 2021
Days after Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s announcement, the Union Cabinet on Wednesday began the process of repealing three controversial agriculture laws against which farmers have been protesting for a year. Union Information and Broadcasting Minister Anurag Thakur said the Agriculture Laws Repeal Bill has been approved by the cabinet and will be taken up on a “priority” basis in the winter session of Parliament.
3) The Constitution (Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes) Order (Amendment) Bill, 2021
With the UP elections due early next year, the Constitution (Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes) Order (Amendment Bill) – which aims to amend the state’s SC and ST list – also acquires importance. In addition, a bill to amend the Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes of Tripura will also be considered.
4) The Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substances (Amendment) Bill, 2021
The bill is being introduced to replace the ordinance that was promulgated in September this year. It seeks to amend the Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substances Act, 1985 to correct the drafting error.
Also Read: Good News of the day for a Good Day!
5) The Emigration Bill, 2021
The Emigration Bill, 2021 will also be taken up to replace the Emigration Act, 1983. It seeks to establish a “robust, transparent and comprehensive emigration management framework” to facilitate safe and orderly migration. Also on the agenda are proposals for some of the new bills announced for the first time in the 2021 budget, such as the privatization of two public sector banks, and a bill to regulate the nursing sector.
6. Four Bills that were earlier referred to Standing Committees and whose reports have been submitted are also likely to be taken up for consideration. These are the Surrogacy (Regulation) Bill, 2019, the Assisted Reproductive Technology (Regulation) Bill, 2020, the Maintenance and Welfare of Parents and Senior Citizens (Amendment) Bill, 2019, and the National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research (Amendment) Bill, 2021.
7) The High Court and Supreme Court Judges (Salary and Conditions of Service) Amendment Bill, 2021 to amend the High Court Judges (Salary and Conditions of Service) Act, 1954 and the Supreme Court Judges (Salary and Conditions of Service) Amendment Bill, 2021 as well. ) Act, 1958.
8) The other listed bills include the Inter-Services Organization (Command, Control, and Discipline) Bill, 2021, the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code (Second Amendment) Bill, and the Pension Fund Regulatory Development Authority (Amendment) Bill.
In addition, the remaining bills to be introduced in this session are as follows:
– National Dental Commission Bill, 2021
– Metro Rail (Construction, Operation, and Maintenance) Bill, 2021
– Trafficking in Persons (Prevention, Protection, and Rehabilitation) Bill, 2021
– National Anti-Doping Bill, 2021