What not to have during the breastfeeding period?
The first food of the baby i.e. mother’s milk is very important for the child. Yes, Breastfeeding is important not only for the babies but also for the health of the mother and every breastfeeding mother needs an increase in energy levels and for this, she needs at least 2200 pounds during the first six months of breastfeeding. However, after six months, when you introduce solid foods to your baby, there is a gradual decrease in energy requirements based on body weight and body mass index (BMI). Breastfeeding is everyone’s personal choice, whose decision should be taken only by you. But if you are breastfeeding, there are many foods that need to be avoided. There are some foods that can make your baby uncomfortable in the initial days. Keep in mind that after breastfeeding, which foods make your baby irritable, avoid such foods. Know 5 such foods that you can avoid while breastfeeding:
1. Alcohol: Some things should be avoided in the diet as they can harm the health of both mother and child. Such as alcohol, as it can pass from the mother’s milk to the child’s body and cause permanent neurological damage, the effects of which can be seen in later life. It is very wrong to consume alcohol when your body is making milk. It can pass very easily to your baby and hence it can even harm their life. In such a situation, your baby may feel drooling and irritation. If you must consume alcohol, do so after feeding your baby and once you have consumed it, don’t breastfeed her for the next 4 hours.
Read more: How did the Pandemic change our feet?
2. Fat-soluble vitamins: Fat-soluble vitamins like vitamins A and D mix easily. Such vitamins can introduce toxins to the baby’s body. So take care of this and if you are taking any such supplements, then stop taking them for a few days and consult a doctor about this.
3. Processed or baked foods: It is best to stay away from processed or baked foods no matter how tempting they are. This is not at all good for the baby’s health. The trans fat and preservatives present in it can affect your baby’s brain very badly. So just avoid them.
4. Do not consume more Citrus Fruits: Citrus fruits contain vitamin C. By the way, the amount of antioxidants in vitamin C is very high, but it is not necessary that it is right for babies. Babies are sensitive to some of the acidic components present in it. If you consume these foods, then it is possible that your baby may have diaper rash and feel more crankiness.
5. Caffeine: Consuming foods with high caffeine content, such as coffee, can worsen your baby’s digestion. Caffeine can also make them excessively irritable or fussy. So try not to consume more than 2 cups of coffee a day. Consuming too much coffee can also increase your anxiety, restlessness, and heartbeat.
6. Garlic: Garlic heats up which is harmful to the baby. Also, experts say that the smell of garlic is not liked by the baby. Its smell remains in the milk even after 2 hours of eating garlic. Therefore, it is better not to eat garlic during this time.
7. Peanut: It is believed that a lactating mother should take care while consuming peanuts. If allergies are included in the family medical history, it is necessary to stay away from allergens like peanuts. It is possible that even if the mother eats peanuts, the baby may be allergic to them. Try to diagnose allergies by rashes or other symptoms in the child.
8. Corn: Children are often allergic to maize, but it is a bit difficult to find out whether even such young children are allergic to maize or not. For this, check whether allergy-related symptoms emerge in the child after eating maize. Maize should also not be included in the diet of a lactating mother.
Have a news story, an interesting write-up, or simply a suggestion? Write to us at email@example.com