Why is solo travel empowering? How can you ensure your safety? Read more to find out!
Every Instagram profile now talks about ‘solo travel’ and the amazing benefits of it. Honestly, it seems like the travel bug has bitten everyone because people are just constantly on the go! And if you are someone who likes to travel then maybe solo travel is the way to go!
But, why are solo trips so empowering?
- There is no delay because you can make your own decisions and do what you like.
- You get to spend time with yourself and understand what you need and enjoy.
- You get out of your comfort zone and learn to do new things. Though this can be challenging at first, it helps you grow as a person.
- You get a chance to understand different cultures and the world becomes your learning ground.
- You learn to manage finances and make smart money decisions.
Safety Tips for Solo Travellers
Though solo travelling is fun, there are a lot of things that you should keep in mind when travelling solo. Though most tourist destinations are now becoming more conducive for solo travellers, there is still a fear and safety should be taken care of. So, here are some safety tips that every solo traveller should follow:
- Do your research before you go! Make sure you know all about the place and the possible places to go.
- Share your travel plans with someone, so that someone always knows where you are.
- Download offline maps of the place so that you don’t get lost.
- Find out about the most common scams that happen in major tourist places so that you can avoid them.
- Learn basic phrases if you are going to a place where English is not the primary language. You can also download an offline dictionary for the same.
- Get travel insurance- This is an absolute must! It will cover medical emergencies, trip cancellations, and lost belongings.
So, while you take care of these, also remember that the experience can be truly liberating and one that helps you grow more as a person. So, go ahead and explore as the world is your oyster!
Liked this post?
Register at One World News to never miss out on videos, celeb interviews, and best reads.