The secret to making a delicious Sev ki burfi!
Sev ki burfi is a delightful Indian sweet that combines the crunch of sev (thin noodles made from chickpea flour) with the sweetness of sugar and nuts. If you have a sweet tooth and are always looking for a healthy and yummy dessert to end your meal, this is the right dessert for you!
Recipe for Sev ki Burfi
- 2 cups fine sev (gram flour noodles)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup ghee (clarified butter)
- 1/2 teaspoon cardamom powder
- Chopped nuts (almonds, cashews, pistachios) for garnish
We’re now on WhatsApp. Click to join.
- Prepare the Sev
- Heat ghee in a pan over medium heat. Add the fine sev and roast it until it turns golden brown and crispy. Remove from heat and set aside
- Make Sugar Syrup
- Heat water and sugar together over medium heat in another pan to make a syrup. Stir occasionally until the sugar dissolves completely.
- Cook the syrup until it reaches a one-string consistency. To test, take a drop of syrup between your fingers; if it forms a single thread, it’s ready.
- Combine Sev and Syrup
- Once the sugar syrup reaches the desired consistency, add the roasted sev into the syrup. Stir well to coat the sev evenly with the syrup.
- Add Flavor
- Sprinkle cardamom powder over the mixture and mix thoroughly. This adds a delightful aroma and flavor to the burfi making it more tasty and delightful.
- Set and Garnish
- Grease a plate or tray with a little ghee. Transfer the sev mixture onto the greased plate and spread it evenly using a spatula.
- While it’s still warm, garnish the top with chopped nuts, pressing them gently into the mixture.
- Allow it to Cool and Set
- Let the burfi cool down for about an hour at room temperature. Once it firms up, you can cut it into desired shapes like squares or diamonds.
- Serve and Enjoy:
- Serve the delicious sev ki burfi as a sweet treat after meals or as a snack anytime you crave something sweet and crunchy.
Like this post?
Register at One World News to never miss out on videos, celeb interviews, and best reads.