Akshaya Tritiya 2023: From the essence and facts to Shubh muhurat, know everything about the auspicious festival
Akshaya Tritiya 2023: The auspicious festival is also known as Akha Teej. It is approaching and people are preparing to celebrate it with great enthusiasm. This holy festival is observed in Hindu and Jain communities on the third day of the bright half of the Vaishakha lunar month, known as Shukla Paksha Tritiya, which falls in the spring season. This day is considered one of the most auspicious days for new beginnings, and it is believed that any good deeds performed on this day, such as yajna, japa, dan, and punya, will never diminish.
In Jainism, Akshaya Tritiya commemorates the end of the one-year asceticism of the first Tirthankara, Rishabhanatha, who consumed sugarcane juice poured into his cupped hands on this day. Additionally, Akshaya Tritiya is believed to be auspicious for marriages, new investments or ventures, and investing in gold. It is believed that any activity started on this day will bring success and wealth throughout the year.
Here are few facts about this auspicious day, take a look:
- It is believed to bring good luck and success. A lot of people purchase gold on this day. It is believed that buying gold on Akshaya Tritiya brings prosperity and more gold in the coming future.
- This auspicious day is ruled by God Vishnu who is the preserver God in Hindu Trinity. According to Hindu mythology, Treta Yug began on this day.
- Usually, Akshaya Tritiya and Parashurama Jayanti, the birthday of the 6th incarnation of Lord Vishnu, falls on the same day but it depends on starting time of Tritiya Tithi
- Also, people believe that this is the apt day to get rid of all malefic effects.
- On this day, it is believed that Lord Kubera had received his lost fortune back.
- On this day, poor Sudama was blessed with an abundance of wealth by his dear friend Lord Krishna.
Read more:- Investing in Our Planet: World Earth Day 2023
Date of Akshaya Tritiya 2023
There are different opinions about the date of Akshaya Tritiya this year, with some sources suggesting it is on April 22, while others suggest it is on April 23. According to Drik Panchang, the festival starts on April 22 at 7:49 am and ends on April 23 at 7:47 am.
Shubh Muhurat for Akshaya Tritiya
The shubh muhurat for Akshaya Tritiya puja starts at 7:49 a.m. and concludes at 12:20 p.m., whereas the Chogadiya Muhurat begins at 7:49 a.m. and ends at 9:04 a.m on April 22, and on April 23, it starts at 7:26 am and ends at 7:47 am.
Auspicious time to buy gold on Akshaya Tritiya
According to Drik Panchang, the auspicious period to acquire gold on Akshaya Tritiya begins at 7:49 a.m. on April 22 and ends at 5:48 a.m. on April 23.
City-wise puja times are also provided for major Indian cities like New Delhi, Pune, Chennai, Kolkata, Hyderabad, Ahmedabad, Noida, Jaipur, Mumbai, Gurgaon, Bengaluru, and Chandigarh.
- New Delhi – 7:49 am to 12:20 pm
- Pune – 7:49 am to 12:33 pm
- Chennai – 7:49 am to 12:08 pm
- Kolkata – 5:10 am to 07:47 pm
- Hyderabad – 7:49 am to 12:15 pm
- Ahmedabad – 7:49 am to 12:38 pm
- Noida – 7:49 am to 12:19 pm
- Jaipur – 7:49 am to 12:26 pm
- Mumbai – 7:49 am to 12:37 pm
- Gurgaon – 7:49 am to 12:21 pm
- Bengaluru – 7:49 am to 12:18 pm
- Chandigarh – 7:49 am to 12:22 pm
It is customary for people to buy gold on Akshaya Tritiya as it is believed to bring good fortune and prosperity. The auspicious time to buy gold is between 7:49 am and 5:48 am on April 22 and 23, according to Drik Panchang. Many jewellers offer special discounts and schemes on this day to attract customers.
Apart from buying gold, people also perform various puja rituals on Akshaya Tritiya. They offer prayers to Lord Vishnu, Lord Ganesha, and Goddess Lakshmi and seek their blessings for success, wealth, and happiness. Many people also donate food, clothes, and money to the needy as an act of charity.
Akshaya Tritiya is a significant festival in India, celebrated with great enthusiasm and devotion. It is a day to start new ventures, invest in gold, and seek the blessings of the Almighty. The festival reminds us to perform good deeds and help those in need, thereby spreading love and happiness around us.
Like this post?
Register at One World News to never miss out on videos, celeb interviews, and best reads.