Ram Navami 2023 : Here is everything you need to know about spring Hindu Festival
Ram Navami 2023 is a spring Hindu Festival that celebrates the birthday of Lord Rama. It is celebrated with utmost joy and zeal all across North India. Birth of lord Rama is particularly important to the Vaishnavisam tradition of Hinduism, as the seventh avatar of Lord Vishnu. This Year Ram Navami will be celebrated on 30 March, 2023.
The festival is a part of spring Navaratri, and falls on the ninth day of the bright half in the Hindu calendar month of Chaitra Navaratri. The festival is also celebrated with immense joy in South India too.
Although there are a lot of things that one can learn from Lord Rama, here we have listed a few teachings of Lord Rama that you should follow to lead a happy life.
Ravana’s ego leads to his own demise. He thought that he was the most powerful person and did everything on his own. On the other hand, Lord Rama was always humble and he never took credit for anything. He was a true leader. We should always be humble in life no matter what.
Never leave the path of truth
Path of truth can be hard to follow but one should never leave the path of truth. Following the path of truth means fruitful results in the long run.
Perform your duties according to Dharma
One should fulfill his or her duties without any selfish duties. Put other people before you and fulfill your duties with utmost responsibility.
Life lessons by Lord Rama
Know your strength and weakness
One should know his or her strength and weakness. This helps the person in overall development. When you know yourself, no one can pull you down. If you know your weakness, you can work on it and if you know your strength use it to fulfill your goals.
Attachment and Pride can lead to loss of intelligence
Pride and attachment can take away your intelligence. Not everyone can practice detachment, it is a hard concept. But a lot of materialistic attachment and pride can lead to loss of intelligence. For example – Ravan’s pride took away all his intelligence.
Make Friends an important part of your life
Hanuman and Laxmann are not just brothers of Lord Rama, they were the closest friends to Lord Rama. He has taught us that you should hold your friends tight because they stand by you when you need them the best.
Here are a few interesting facts about Lord Rama that one should know, take a look:
- It is said that Rama is the oldest god to be worshipped in human form since Tetra Yug.
- There were three avatars of Lord Vishnu in treta yug: Vamana, Parshurama, and Rama.
- The name Rama means living on ideal principles.
- “Maryada Purushottam” means an epitome of the perfect man or Lord of self-control, which we use for Rama.
- Lord Rama belongs to Raghukul, which is considered the greatest emperor and is believed to have never returned anyone empty-handed.
- Sita was an incarnation of Goddess Laxmi. (as mentioned in Ramayana)
- Rama ruled over the Ayodhya kingdom for eleven thousand years which is marked as a golden period and adjudged as ‘Ram Rajya’
- In Mahabharata Lord, Shiva stated that uttering the name of Rama three times is equal to pronouncing the names of thousands of gods.
- Very few people know that Rama had an older sister, Shanta, the daughter of Dashratha and Kaushalya.
- Rama is the 394rth name of Lord Vishnu.