Movies where Kirron Kher played the role of the coolest mom
Kirron Kher, the Bollywood actress, and wife of actor Anupam Kher have suddenly come into the limelight. First, the discussion started about her suffering from cancer, and after that Anupam Kher confirmed that she really has cancer. Kirron Kher did many different roles in movies but with the role of mother, she made a special place among the audience and her image has been more like a mother in films because she has done many similar roles. She has also been called the coolest mother of Bollywood.
The role of moms has been transformed a lot in today’s times and Kirron Kher has been the focal point of this transformation. Kirron Kher has done many such excellent films in her career in which her mother’s role has won the hearts of the audience. Let’s take a look at Kirron Kher Best Super Mom Role.
1. Devdas (2002): Sanjay Bhansali’s film is based on a 1917 novel written by Sarat Chandra Chattopadhyay. In this film, Kirron Kher plays the role of a loving mother (Sumitra Chakraborty) of Paro (Aishwarya Rai Bachchan), who awaits the return of her childhood friend Devdas (Shah Rukh Khan). Kiran’s supporting role in the film was highly appreciated. Kher won the Best Supporting Actress award for the film Devdas at the fourth IIFA Awards.
2. Dostana (2008): This romantic comedy film directed by Tarun Mansukhani tells us the funny story of two men who pretend to be gay to live in an apartment on rent. Kirron Kher plays the role of a mother who gets angry when she is made to believe that her son is gay. This role of an irritated and angry mother made the audience laugh a lot.
3. Rang De Basanti (2006): Kirron’s role as DJ’s (Aamir Khan) mother Mitro Singh has achieved an iconic status in pop culture. His maternal right to scold not only his son but also his friends in Punjabi, his insistence on feeding people ‘one more’ ghee-laden roti and his belief in the youth’s ability to change the world has won the hearts of the audience.
4. Om Shanti Om (2007): In the film, Om (Shah Rukh Khan) called Kirron a “filmy mother”, a name that fits her perfectly. As Bela, Kirron played a typical overprotective mother who reminds us of her mother.
5. Khoobsurat(2014): She was Manju for her daughter Mili (Sonam Kapoor). No mother, only Manju. Perhaps the only mother in the world who would dare to be called by name. This was only fair, because Miley’s happy-go-lucky outlook on everything in life, from her job to her love life, gave her a status that was more of a ‘friend’ than ‘mother’.
6. Kabhi Alvida naa Kehna(2006): Kirron Kher played Shah Rukh Khan’s mother in this relationship drama directed by Karan Johar. In this, she became a mother who does all the work according to her own accord. In this film, neither does she sidestep the mistakes of her son nor does she have any kind of partiality between her daughter-in-law and son, after knowing the news of her son’s extramarital affair, she has played the emotions of a mother very well.
Have a news story, an interesting write-up or simply a suggestion? Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org