Commemorating BR Ambedkar’s Legacy: 10 Timeless Quotes on Equality and Social Justice
Every year on December 6, India pays homage to the Father of the Constitution, Dr Bhimrao Ramji Ambedkar, on his death anniversary, known as Mahaparinirvan Divas. Born on April 14, 1891, BR Ambedkar played a pivotal role in shaping India’s constitutional framework, advocating for social justice, equality, and the upliftment of marginalized communities. Fondly referred to as Babasaheb, his legacy lives on through his powerful and inspirational quotes. On this occasion, let’s revisit 10 quotes that encapsulate his unwavering commitment to building an inclusive and just society.
Inspirational Quotes by Dr BR Ambedkar:
- “Equality may be a fiction but one must accept it as a governing principle.”
- “Law and order are the medicine of the body politic and when the body politic gets sick, medicine must be administered.”
- “I do not want that our loyalty as Indians should be in the slightest way affected by any competitive loyalty whether that loyalty arises out of our religion, out of our culture or out of our language. I want all people to be Indians first, Indians last and nothing else but Indians.”
- “Men are mortal. So are ideas. An idea needs propagation as much as a plant needs watering. Otherwise, both will wither and die.”
- “Caste is not a physical object like a wall of bricks or a line of barbed wire which prevents the Hindus from co-mingling and which has, therefore, to be pulled down. Caste is a notion; it is a state of the mind.”
- “A great man is different from an eminent one in that he is ready to be the servant of society.”
- “I measure the progress of a community by the degree of progress which women have achieved.”
- “Cultivation of mind should be the ultimate aim of human existence”.
- “If I find the constitution being misused, I shall be the first to burn it.”
- “History shows that where ethics and economics come in conflict, victory is always with economics. Vested interests have never been known to have willingly divested themselves unless there was sufficient force to compel them.”
We’re now on WhatsApp. Click to join.
As we remember Dr BR Ambedkar on this day, let us draw inspiration from his words and continue the journey towards a more equitable and harmonious society. His vision for a united and just India remains a guiding light for generations to come.
Like this post?
Register at One World News to never miss out on videos, celeb interviews, and best reads.