How prevent getting your eyes infected this monsoon? Try these handy tips
With the arrival of the rainy season, the danger of getting many diseases also starts. While monsoon brings with it joy; viruses, bacteria, and germs also flourish due to the humid climate. Due to this, the risk of spreading many different types of infections in humans also increases. In this season, we do not take care of the most sensitive part of our body, the eyes, due to which there is a problem of conjunctivitis, sty, watery and discomfort, burning and corneal ulcer, etc.
It is also very common to get cold during the rainy season. At the same time, in this season the highest risk is of infection in the eyes. We are going to tell you some tips to take care of your eyes. By following handly tips you can take care of your eyes.
Symptoms of eye infection:-
1. Pain in the eyes due to strong light
2. Watery eyes
3. Burning sensation in the eyes
4. Frequent feeling of something stuck in the eyes
5. Feeling dryness in the eyes
6. Crusting of the eyelids
You can take the following precautions to prevent eye infection in this monsoon season:
1. Wash hands before touching eyes
2. Wear sunglasses when leaving the house
3. Avoid sharing face towels, body towels and clothes in the monsoon, as there is a possibility of spreading the infection.
4. Be extra careful when you have small children in the house
5. If using a cold/warm compress to relieve eye irritation, itching or any discomfort, wash the cloth with a disinfectant after use
You can try home Remedies to get rid of eye infections:
1. Tulsi is known for its antiseptic property. It not only gives you relief from cold and cough, but it can also help you get rid of eye infections. For this, wash some basil leaves and soak them in a cup of water overnight. Wash the eyes with this water in the morning.
2. Coriander leaves will also give you relief from burning and swelling in the eyes. Take some coriander leaves and wash them and boil them in a cup of water. When it cools down, wash the eyes thoroughly with this water. Do this twice a day.
3. Apple vinegar contains malic acid, which provides relief for eye problems. For this, mix 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar in a cup of water. Apply this water on the eyes 3-4 times with the help of cotton. Use it 2 times a day.
4. Honey acts as a natural eye drop. If you want, mix it with rose water and apply it to the eyes with the help of cotton and clean it. Apart from this, you can also use it by mixing it with water.
5. Fennel water also helps in getting relief. Boil 1 tbsp fennel in a cup of water. Filter this water and keep it in the fridge for some time, cool it, and then wash the eyes with it. Use it at least twice a day.
6. You can try a saline solution to cure eye infections during monsoon season. This will give relief from itching and burning in the eyes. It also proves helpful in preventing the spread of infection. For this, mix a teaspoon of salt in a cup of water. Now boil this mixture well. After boiling let it cool completely. Now use this mixture to wash the infected eyes. You can use it twice a day.
7. The tannic acid present in green tea helps in removing eye infections. Its use provides relief from itching and burning in the eyes. Soak two green tea bags in hot water for some time. Now take them out of the water, take out the excess water from it and keep it in the fridge to cool. Wash your eyes with tea water and place a cold tea bag over it. Leave it on your eyes for 10-15 minutes. Use it two to three times a day.