Winters are the perfect time to add dates in your diet
Dates are free from cholesterol and contain very low fat. Dates are rich in vitamins and minerals. Dates have a significant role to play during Ramadan and Eid, but you can load up yourself on these delights any time of the day. According to some books, the date palm is one of the oldest trees cultivated and has its origin in the desert around the Persian Gulf. Immunity boosting dates are high in potassium; supply slow-release sugars and provide a range of other essential nutrients. Its unending health benefits are the reasons to add more of them in your daily diet; adding bonus some point, dates are the super tasty food.
How to add dates or khajur in your daily diet, here we list down some interesting ways to have it:-
- Date Shake: The natural sweetness of dates will make an excellent shake and will be hard to resist. All you need to do is to just blend them with blender along with yogurt or milk and blend it to make an amazing shake. Remember to not add extra sugar as dates will add up to the sweetness required. If you take your drink this way you wouldn’t be adding on to extra calories. If you want, you can add flavored milk or flavored yogurt too in the shake.
- Bake them: Not for only garnishing, you can add its goodness and integrity in cakes, slices of breads, cookies, pies, and cupcakes too. You can chop them and it as toppings on the cake, cookies or pies.
- Chop them in a Salad: Perhaps one of the best and easiest ways to add these delights in your diet is to chop or slice pitted dates and throw them into salads, on sandwiches or as it could be garnished on pasta.
- Add them in Trail Mix: Take some tablespoon of dry fruit assortment along with chopped dates, mix them and just savor them. That’s how simple it is! Your daily requirement of important nutrients with all the dry fruits and dates will be fulfilled by using this trick.
- Use them in Cereals: A book says, adding chopped dates to granola makes it a healthy breakfast option. So pick your favorite cereal for the breakfast and sprinkle chopped dates to make it taste even better than anything.
Have a news story, an interesting write-up or simply a suggestion? Write to us at email@example.com