Noteworthy facts about Legendary Former President: Zakir Husain
Zakir Hussain was the third President of India. He was born on 8th February, in the year 1897. He was born in Hyderabad. He is the first Muslim person to hold the dignified position of President of India. He was an intellectual educator and due to his secular behavior, he was criticized by some muslim activists.
Here are a few facts about his personal life
1. At the age of 23 along with the group of students, he founded the National Muslim University in Aligarh in the year 1920 which later shifted to Karol Bagh in Delhi and from there it finally shifted to Jamia Nagar, New Delhi. The universitywas namedas JamiaMiliaIslamia.
2. Soon after India got Independence, Hussain agreed to become the Vice-chancellor of Aligarh Muslim University, which was facing tough times due to thepost-partition movements. Teachers and students of the Aligarh University were affected by the creation of Pakistan. Soon after completing his term as chancellor of the University his name was nominated for the upper house of the Parliament in the year 1956 and vacated the position in the year 1957, to become the Governor of the State of Bihar.
3. Afterbecoming the Governor of Bihar and Vice-President of India, Hussain was elected as the President of India in the year 1967. Due to his bad luck, he was able to handle the office for a very short tenure until he died in the year 1969. He was granted with the awards of Bharat Ratna and Padma Vibhushan.
Unknown Facts about Zakir Hussain:
1. He did his schooling from the Islamia High School in Etawah after which, he went to Aligarh Muslim University.
2.He was a keen learner. He was always open to learning.
3. To pursue higher education, he went to Germany for Ph.D. in Economics but came back early to lead JamiaMiliaIslamia, which was facing tough times in the year 1927. He dedicated his service for 21 years in the university.
4. At that time, when India was struggling against the British Rules, he emerged as one of the most prominent thinkers.
5. He was the first President of India to die in office. Husain along with his wife is buried in the campus of JamiaMiliaIslamia, New Delhi.
Have a news story, an interesting write-up or simply a suggestion? Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org