Bollywood actors who have chosen to have their own YouTube channels, alongside their acting careers
- The Google-owned social media giant has been re-defining video content creation since its inception in the year 2005.
- YouTube has been a great platform for staying connected with your fans without hampering your personal space.
- There are many Bollywood actors who have their own YouTube channels, either promoting their brand or promoting themselves alongside their acting careers.
Nowadays, social media platforms are completely changed and we’re seeing way too many influencers and YouTubers being referred to as celebrities based on their followers/subscribers.
With this, social media platforms have offered a tremendous platform for content creators to showcase their talent and that too without asking for a single penny and over the last few years, YouTube turned from simple video-sharing platforms to a home to a plethora of content creators.
Earlier, there was a time wannabe musician, actors, artists, who struggle for so many years to get noticed or acknowledged by the world but now, all they have to do create a content to showcase your talent and you can become an overnight celebrity through your viral content, that is the power of social media.
YouTube which is the video content creating giant, has millions of users introducing birth to many stars which range from musicians to gamers to vloggers and much more. Surprisingly, Bollywood celebrities have also found their way to YouTube as well.
These days we’re seeing many people are vlogging progressively becoming famous through their popular YouTube channels. Similarly, such is the case with certain celebrities, who are presently creating and producing their own content for this social site.
Not everyone has what it takes to be famous YouTube star and surprisingly enough, there are a couple of popular personalities who’ve made the jump into YouTube stardom, including Priyanka Chopra and Alia Bhatt where they sometimes offer movie/TV stars even daily, online content for their subscribers.
TO MAKE CONNECTIONS ON ANOTHER LEVEL
Sometimes, you make an impression of every celebrity by their movies no matter if they are from Bollywood or Hollywood, in which some seem harsh, sweet, rude and strong. However, in reality, their true self can be known through their biography, interviews or personal YouTube channel which they share with their fans just to make connections and fan following.
You must have seen some celebrities who are also content creators who showcase their talent in their YouTube vlogs and have a greater number of followers compared to those who don’t showcase the same.
The reason for this is people like to get involved to take a sneak peek into their celebrity’s daily life through their YouTube channel as they are in reality, and there is no script that helps them to develop a personal connection with fans.
A CHANCE TO SHOWCASE REAL SIDE AND EXPERIENCES
There are some certain film roles that create certain perceptions in viewers’ minds about their favourite celebrity. But, let’s not forget that beside experiences, there are true sides for all stories and we often see celebrities through the paparazzi’s cameras, where many times, they look annoyed, tired or even angry, and we judge their character according to their behaviour. For instance, when fans deliberately try to take selfies with them, they sometimes make celebrities very uncomfortable and at that moment their (celebrities) reaction is instinct for which they are not to be blamed.
Now, put yourself in their (celebrities) spot and imagine how you would treat someone returning from a hectic work day and being treated like that. The fact is no matter how exciting they live, being a celebrity is not easy; in reality, they try to convey their message through their YouTube channel to prove they’re not like paparazzi’s/media people portray them.
However, by using YouTube, celebrities can showcase their true self and share what they actually want to share with their fans like their diet plans, beauty secrets or whatever their fans want to know.
TO STAY IN THE LIMELIGHT
A celebrity will not always remain a celebrity as it doesn’t work anymore especially in the entertainment industry when things can go wrong anytime and when it will, you will be done. There are way too many celebrities around the world who are not that valuable today as they were once, be it film stars, musicians, models, influencers, YouTubers, Gamers, etc.
You may have seen many Bollywood or Television actors who once reached the stars and fell badly within the next few releases. So, these stars are still staying in the limelight and trying to regain public attention again, using social media giant YouTube that is why many celebrities are creating their own YouTube channels.
TO EARN MONEY & FAME
Well, perhaps that is why more and more celebrities are creating content for their own YouTube channels. However, making money from YouTube is not that easy as it seems because you need to make creative content and by uploading that, you may be able to garner millions of views, and earn a share of advertising revenue.
Some celebrities create work-related content for promote themselves or their brand while others delve into multiple aspects or talents that they’d want to share with their fans and to increase fan following and followers for their channel as the platform is a great way of sharing creations and hobbies or daily videos on various trending topics without losing one’s personal space.
Here is a look at the Bollywood actors who have chosen to have their own YouTube channels, alongside their acting careers.
- SALMAN KHAN – 2.98M SUBSCRIBERS
- KARTIK AARYAN – 788K SUBSCRIBERS
- ALIA BHATT – 1.91M SUBSCRIBERS
- PRIYANKA CHOPRA – 677K SUBSCRIBERS
- NORA FATEHI – 3.48M SUBSCRIBERS
- JACQUELINE FERNANDEZ – 790K SUBSCRIBERS
- VARUN DHAWAN – 553K SUBSCRIBERS
- SHILPA SHETTY KUNDRA – 3.05M SUBSCRIBERS
- KAJAL AGGARWAL – 212K SUBSCRIBERS
- DULQUER SALMAAN – 1.2M SUBSCRIBERS
- DISHA PATANI – 437K SUBSCRIBERS
- MADHURI DIXIT NENE – 1.23M SUBSCRIBERS
- KRITI SANON – 316K SUBSCRIBERS
- HANSIKA MOTWANI – 375K SUBSCRIBERS
- AJAY DEVGN FFILMS – 862K SUBSCRIBERS
- ALLU ARJUN – 1.37M SUBSCRIBERS
- ARJUN KAPOOR – 8.47K SUBSCRIBERS
- MAHESH BABU – 1.13M SUBSCRIBERS
- RAM POTHINENI – 1.29M SUBSCRIBERS
- ANUBHAV MOHANTY – 384K SUBSCRIBERS
SOME FAMOUS HOLLYWOOD CELEBRITIES YOU DIDN’T KNOW HAD YOUTUBE CHANNELS
- DWAYNE ‘THE ROCK’ JOHNSON – 6.18M SUBSCRIBERS
- WILL SMITH – 9.83M SUBSCRIBERS
- RUSSELL BRAND – 5.91M SUBSCRIBERS
- ZENDAYA – 3.95M SUBSCRIBERS
- MAISIE WILLIAMS – 439K SUBSCRIBERS
KYLIE JENNER – 12.1M SUBSCRIBERS
- VICTORIA BECKHAM – 130K SUBSCRIBERS
- BRIE LARSON – 687K SUBSCRIBERS
- GORDON RAMSAY – 19.4M SUBSCRIBERS
- ZAC EFRON – 1.41M SUBSCRIBERS
- ED SHEERAN – 52.3M SUBSCRIBERS