Here are 5 yoga asanas for hair growth. Do not forget to check the correct posture
- Uttanasana Yoga (Standing Forward Bend)
- Adho Mukha Svanasana (Downward Dog Pose)
- Sasangasana (Rabbit Pose)
- Ustrasana (camel pose)
- Balayam Yoga (Rubbing Nails)
Yoga asanas for hair growth: Everyone wants thick, shiny and gorgeous hair, especially women. It does not matter whether you have naturally perfect hair or not. The most important thing is taking care of your hair so that you have a good hair day everyday.
For your hair care, we use expensive products like shampoo, conditioner, serum, gel, mask, and many other hair treatments. However, apart from these, your hair needs some exercise too. No, we are not recommending you to hit the gym and do some hair growth workouts. On the contrary, we have 5 yoga asanas for hair growth.
Yoga asanas for hair growth
Uttanasana Yoga (Standing Forward Bend)
In this Asana, your head receives blood circulation. This posture gives oxygen to your hair cells and energizes them. It also relaxes your mind, relieves stress and reduces hair fall. Apart from this, it improves the digestive system and removes all toxins from the body. This results in the growth of hair follicles.
How to pose:
- Inhale and raise arms above the head.
- Lean backward and stretch the body.
- Bend from the hips while exhaling and try to touch the palms to the floor.
Repeat it 10 times. Avoid this asana if you have a back injury, hamstring tear, sciatica, or glaucoma.
Adho Mukha Svanasana (Downward Dog Pose)
The posture improves blood circulation throughout the body, including the scalp. Scalp blood circulation results in oxygen to the hair follicles, thus making them stronger. The posture improves blood circulation throughout the body, including the scalp.
How to pose:
- Push hips up while keeping your knees straight and stand on your toes.
- Place your palms flat on the floor next to your ears with your legs straight. Your position should look like an inverted V.
- Pull down your hips gently and come back to the first step.
Sasangasana (Rabbit Pose)
Improves blood circulation throughout the body. Practicing Sasangasana daily will help you to sleep better. Good sleep is essential for healthy hair growth.
How to pose:
- Come to your knees, place your hands on either side of your knees.
- Then fold forward and bring the crown of your head to the floor. Try to keep your forehead as close to the knees as possible.
- Then grab both the heels with your hands.
- Now, start pushing your hips as high as possible. Keep pushing your knees and shins into the mat. Try not to put much pressure on your head. You should feel a strong stretch at the back of your neck and your entire spine.
- Keep breathing normally.
- Now, slowly let go of your heels and bring your head up.
You might feel a bit of a blood rush in your head. Therefore, take a few deep breaths here.
Ustrasana (camel pose)
As fresh oxygen is rushed to the hair cells. It provides nourishment which helps in reducing dryness and brittleness.
How to pose:
- Come to your knees with your feet-shoulder distance apart.
- Press the palms on your back just above the hips.
- Then let your head drop back as you curve your spine, extend the ribs and stretch the front of your thighs.
- Slowly come back.
Again, Take a deep breath in.
When you exhale, take the right hand back and place it over the right heel and then take the left hand back and place it over the left heel.
- Throw your head back and keep pushing your hips forward.
Do this three times.
Balayam Yoga (Rubbing Nails)
Rubbing your nails against each other is one of the simplest and easiest ways to reduce hair fall.
How to pose
Bring your nails in contact with each other and start rubbing.
Keep rubbing it continuously for 5-10 minutes. Ensure leaving the thumbnails out. This asana can be done by either sitting or standing.
When you run your fingers, there is a nerve ending below it that stimulates your brain to send a signal to revive dead and damaged hair follicles.
Practice these Yoga asanas for hair growth. Practicing these yoga postures daily will help in fighting your hair problems to a great extent. Your hair roots will become stronger, thicker, healthier. Keeping your hair clean is also important.