World Vegetarian Day: Indian Vegetarian Diet Chart that you can follow for weight loss!
Are you looking to lose weight and you want to get rid of those extra Kilos? A lot of us spend a lot of money on losing weight but do you know – it’s all in your diet? Once you start eating right, you can easily lose weight. October 1st marks World Vegetarian Day, it is dedicated to promoting a vegetarian diet, as it is healthier and more eco–friendly. Notably, India is the country of foodies and we all love to indulge in varieties of food. Be it Chole Bhutre, Butter Chicken Jalebi or street food – Is it hard to resist them, right? But all these are high in carbohydrates and sugar – that leads to “extra weight”. In the past few years, conversation on vegetarian and home-cooked food has increased. The onset of the Pandemic has made people aware of overall wellness. They are now more focused on their health. Today, in this article, we will discuss a vegetarian diet plan for weight loss. The good news is you don’t have to spend any money to shed weight because everything is in your kitchen.
A vegetarian diet plan helps in the prevention and treatment of lifestyle diseases such as obesity, heart diseases, and diabetes. A slow switch to a vegetarian diet chart can drastically improve your lifestyle. On the occasion of World Vegetarian Day, let us take a look at the vegetarian diet plan for weight loss that is super –easy to follow.
Vegetarian Diet Chart for Weight Loss
- After waking up -drink a glass of lemon water mixed with honey or coconut water
- Options for breakfast Brown Bread Toast, 1 Banana, 1 Cup of Green Tea. You can even have plain dosa or idlis on certain days.
- Remember you should always have heavy lunch. 1 portion of brown rice with tofu+ rice
+ grilled tomatoes, or a vegetable soup + green salad along with curd or yoghurt
- When it comes to evening snack, add a brown bread sandwich with low–fat cheese or grilled mushroom with coffee or tea
- Dinner should include curry or dal + 2 Chapatis + vegetables/ paneer + salad.
Your Diet Chart should be balanced and should consist of the following nutrients in the diet plan
Today, weight loss has become a necessity. We all want to look a particular way and go to any extent to achieve that. But remember your diet should be balanced. One should include all important nutrients in their diet. Your diet plan should be loaded with the following nutrients.
1. Carbohydrates: Carbs are an important source of energy and one should include it in their diet. Well, carbs like white rice, white bread, biscuit, wheat flour have too much sugar that can be bad for your health. You should replace them with brown rice, ragi, or oats.
2. Proteins: Researches have found that most India fails to meet the daily requirement of their daily protein requirement. Experts say that 30 percent of your diet should include proteins. You can have it in the form of whole dals, paneer, chana milk, sprouts, and green leafy vegetables.
3. Vitamins and Minerals: Vitamin A, E, B12, D, calcium, and iron are essential for the body and even if you are working on your weight, do not forget to add them. The main source of minerals are green leafy vegetables, oilseeds, and fruits. Health experts believe that one should consume 100 grams of greens and 100 grams of fruits every day.
4. Fats: As a popular belief – Fats are not that bad. You should choose it wisely. Experts suggest that 20 per cent of your diet should consist of fats. The only thing you need to keep in mind is to avoid trans fat – that are found in snacks completely. Polyunsaturated and monounsaturated and Omega -3 fatty acids are essential and good for health.
Habits that can help in Weight Loss and can improve your immunity
Apart from following this diet plan, here is a list of healthy habits that will help in weight loss and will also boost your immunity.
Opt for 5-6 meals: Instead of having three large meals, one should opt for 5-6 meals every day. Eat at a regular interval and in controlled portions, it prevents bloating and acidity. Replace your junk food with healthy snacks like Makhana.
Have an early dinner: Having a late dinner can lead to weight gain. Experts recommend that you should last meal of the day by 8 pm.
Drink a lot of water: Drinking ample water can help you to lose weight fast. Drinking 6-8 glasses of water every day curbs your hunger pangs and will also keep you hydrated.
Note: One’s nutrition requirement may vary. This is a generic diet plan but one should always consult an expert before you make any changes to your diet.