On World Tourism Day, visit these beautiful places of the world
- Most popular destination in the world
- Famous tourist spots in India
September 27 marks World Tourism Day. Since 1980 the most prominent organisation in the world, the United Nations World Tourism Organization, has celebrated World Tourism Day on September 27.
The statutes of the UNWTO were adopted in 1970. The adoption of these statues is considered a milestone in global tourism. Well, the purpose of this day is to raise awareness among people about the role of tourism within the international community. So, we would like to wish each one of you a joyful tourism day.
People love to travel as everybody likes to escape monotonous routines. And interestingly, half of the population in this world loves to travel. Hope you are the one too. Travelling across the globe gives us beautiful landscape and topography views and enriches our experience of culture and history.
Well, South Korean theme parks Everland and Lotte World were among the most visited attractions beating the Eiffel Tower with nearly seven million, the Great Pyramids with almost 4 million and Stonehenge with one million.
On world tourist day, we have come up with the most popular destination in the world: –
1. Bangkok, Thailand– This is the perfect place for modern tours. From luxurious malls to beautiful markets, the city offers visitors various things.
2. London, United Kingdom- London is one of the favourite destinations of tourists. Regarded as the cultural capital of the world, it has four world heritage sites.
3. Paris, France- This beautiful country was founded in the third century BC by a person called Paris, who gave the name Paris. The Eiffel Tower in the country attracts as many tourists as possible.
4. Dubai, United Arab Emirates– Tourism is an integral part of the Dubai government’s strategy to maintain the flow of foreign cash into the emirate. Tourists mostly go shopping in the city.
5. New York, USA– From the statue of liberty to the central Grand Canyon, the city provides diversity like no other metropolitan city.
These are some famous tourist destinations around the world. People often go to these places whenever they plan their holidays.
Famous tourist spots in India:~
Delhi is India’s capital and has many places to explore. The monuments still store India’s heritage, from Red Fort to Qutub Minar. India is a spiritual country; therefore, many temples exist. Some of them are Lotus temple, Akshardham etc. India gate is a notable tourist spot in Delhi.
Mumbai is also known as the city of dreams. It is the financial capital. Tourists mainly visit the Gate of India or different beaches. The town is famous for its beaches and especially Marine Drive.
Tourists and foreigners often visit Jaipur as they love this pink city. Here are various monuments and rivers that one can explore.
Agra is famous for the Taj Mahal monument built by Muslim emperor Shah Jha for his beautiful wife, Mumtaz. Every day a lot of tourists come here to explore its beauty.
Ajmer is well known for its dargah Ajmer Sharif. Devotees believe that Allah fulfils 7everyone’s wishes here. Many tourists can be spotted here. Well, what is your favourite destination in India and abroad? Tell us where you are planning to spend your holidays?
Edit- Ayushi Mittal