Sachin ne kitna banaya? Feeling nostalgic, right?
The game of cricket has seen many legends. If cricket is a religion, then trust us Sachin is a God. If you haven’t romance the scene where Sachin comes out on the field to bat, then you have missed out on something being an Indian. Each time he stepped out to bat, he carried the hopes of a billion people on his shoulders. From his debut at the age of 16 to scoring a double century in ODI to scoring 100 international centuries, Sachin’s life has been nothing less than an inspiration story which inspired cricketers not only in India, but abroad. When he took retirement from the cricket, the entire nation was crying!
Here are 5 reasons why Sachin Tendulkar was, is, and will forever be a God of Cricket:
1. Sachin Tenedulkar still holds the record for scoring the most number of runs in a single edition of a World Cup. Tendulkar attained the unique milestone during 2003 World Cup when he scored a total of 673 runs from 11 matches at an average of 61.18.
2. Sachin Tendulkar is one of the greatest Test batsmen to have ever walked on the face of the earth. He holds some biggest records on his name.
3. Sachin Tendulkar has scored most runs in World Cups. With 2278 runs, he is miles ahead of other batsmen in the run-scoring list at the mega cricketing event.
4. Sachin Tendulkar has received the most Man of The Match Award awards in international cricket. He has won 62 Man of the Match awards in One-Day-International games and 14 in Test Cricket.
5. Sachin Tendulkar managed to score five international tons before the age of 20. He is the only player in international cricket to attain this unique feat at such a young age.
Have a news story, an interesting write-up or simply a suggestion? Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org