Make bananas your best buddy!
Banana is a best fruit you can have every day. Most importantly bananas can even uplift your mood. You have probably been eating bananas your whole life without realizing the multitude of health benefits they provide. Read on to learn more about the world’s most ubiquitous fruit.
Here, we go!
1. Provide fuel for everyday: Bananas always provide you with lots of energy that is required for an entire day. Need a boost of energy in-between meetings and throughout pivotal moments in your day? Do as the professionals do – athletic professionals, that is. Tennis players like Rafael Nadal, one of the highest-ranked tennis players in the world, are constantly spotted eating a banana during quick game breaks. This is because bananas instantly boost your energy and keeps you going at a steady and consistent level, unlike many other snacks that will have you feeling low after an initial boost.
This is because bananas contain sucrose, fructose, and glucose, which are all natural sugars that provide a fat and cholesterol free source of fuel.
2. Boosts your mood: Yes, that’s true this yellow jacket wearing fruit can instantly boost your mood. High levels of tryptophan are contained in bananas, which are converted to serotonin in your brain. This provides a soothing affect as serotonin is one of those heavenly mood-elevating neurotransmitters which we all want more of. Not only does serotonin enhance your mood, it also promotes good sleep and makes you alert as concentration is improved. This makes bananas ideal for students.
3. Get a glowing skin: Another important benefit of bananas is that is always provide you with glowing skin. Instead of walking over to your nearest cosmetics counter, go pick up a bunch of bananas and eat your way to youthful skin! Not only do bananas help you get your beauty sleep, they nourish and heal your skin. Bananas are rich in antioxidants, nutrients and phytochemicals which fight free radicals that cause premature ageing.
4. Heart Appeal: While many of these nutritional facts may have been novel to you, you probably have heard on occasion how bananas are rich in potassium. This essential mineral is, well, essential to maintaining normal blood pressure and one medium-sized banana contains a whopping 400mg of potassium! Bananas are also low in sodium. This high potassium and low sodium mishmash helps reduce your risk of stroke and heart attack by maintaining water balance and detoxifying your body.
5. Give kick to your immune system: Vitamin B6 is a part of nearly 200 biochemical reactions in the body and is critical in how your immune system operates. Bananas contain 30 per cent of the recommended daily intake of vitamin B6 and help produce many of the antibodies you require to fight off disease and illness. Bonus points for pregnant women, as Vitamin B6 will help meet your baby’s development needs.
Have a news story, an interesting write-up or simply a suggestion? Write to us at