What are the causes, symptoms, and treatment of bladder cancer?
The bladder is a hollow sac-like organ located in the lower part of the stomach in the human body, which is part of our urinary system. The bladder collects the urine filtered from the kidney and from here the urine comes out of the body. Cancer occurs in the bladder when abnormal tissue begins to grow in its inner layers. This cancer begins due to the accumulation of blood clots there along with the tissue of the bladder wall being infected. Bladder cancer has become common these days. Let us understand what are the causes, symptoms, and treatment of bladder cancer?
The bladder can become fatal if not treated on time. Cancer occurs in the bladder when abnormal tissue begins to grow in its inner layers. This cancer begins due to the accumulation of blood clots there along with the tissue of the bladder wall being infected. This Cancer is more common in men than in women. It can happen at any age. Although according to a study, this cancer mostly occurs in men above 60 years of age. This cancer mostly develops in the cells of the inner lining of the bladder. Cancer is quite common in the bladder. But what are its causes, what are its symptoms and how can one take care of oneself with prevention from it?
What is bladder cancer?
Bladder cancer is the uncontrolled growth of cells of the inner membrane of the bladder. The muscular layer of the outer wall of the bladder is called the serosa, which is very close to the fatty tissue, adipose tissue, or lymph nodes. The bladder is part of our urinary system and through this urine comes out. The inner wall of the bladder comes in contact with the newly formed urine, which is called the upper layer of the bladder.
What are the causes of bladder cancer?
Generally, it can happen to anyone but those with a history of cancer in the family, smoking, exposure to chemicals, inflammation of the bladder are at higher risk. In most cases, bladder cancer occurs in old age. Those who have stones in the bladder are also at risk of bladder cancer. Women who have repeated miscarriages are also at risk of bladder cancer. Men who are troubled by the problem of the prostate can also get bladder cancer.
The treatment of a disease like cancer is extremely painful and there are very few chances of survival. Therefore, preparations should be made for this in advance. Let us know how bladder cancer can be avoided.
What are the symptoms of bladder cancer?
- Blood in urine- The main symptom of this cancer is blood in the urine. In such a situation, people need medical help so that this problem can be corrected in time.
- Pain in urination- If a person has pain in urinating, then he should not ignore it but should get it checked immediately.
- Pelvic pain- Another symptom of this cancer is pelvic pain. This problem is mainly seen in women, who may need medical help.
- Back pain – Back pain is considered a common problem, which people do not take seriously. But, sometimes it can also be a sign of a serious disease like bladder cancer, so people should not jump to any conclusion without consulting a doctor.
- Frequent urination- Frequent urination is considered a sign of kidney, sugar, etc. However, sometimes it can also be a sign of bladder cancer, which may need to be investigated.
What are the precautions against bladder cancer?
- Quit smoking immediately. However, this does not completely reduce the risk of this cancer.
- Avoid coming in contact with dangerous chemicals.
- Drink plenty of fluids.
What is the treatment?
- Chemotherapy- This procedure is used for the tissues which are confined to the bladder wall.
- Radiation therapy- This therapy is used to destroy cancer cells. Where surgery is not an option, it is often preferred.
- Surgery- Cancerous tissue can be removed through surgery.
- Immunotherapy therapy- In this process stimulate the immune system to fight cancer cells.