Necessary things to keep in your wardrobe as a Journalist
We do not have any strict dress code to wear in office, thanks to our profession. Being a journalist is the best thing when it comes to wearing different attires every day. Wearing loose Kurta and Jeans is a passé. Today, we as a journalist are more updated when it comes to fashion. Here are few things that you should have in your wardrobe as a journalist.
Although journalists onscreen still are shown in a particular dress code, but young journalists are now breaking the norms. A uniform dress code isn’t possible for our tribe, which is varied and consists of political, culture, travel, and fashion writers. We are working bees. We will be often spotted in events, taking interviews. And since social media is taking over the industry, most of us work for web portals. Working for web portal means multi –tasking so just like our role, we have also updated our fashion sense.
Here are few fashion tips for all those who are new to the Journalism industry. Following are must own attires for every journalist.
- High- waist trousers with printed shirts or fitted tops: You should have some high- waist trousers in your wardrobe. So that you can wear them in editorial meetings and business event as it gives you a formal touch
- Do not forget to include palazzos and jumpsuits: You can pair jumpsuits with jackets and palazzos with top fitted tops. It will pep up your casual look
- Choose nude or black color bags : I am suggesting you this because they complement almost all looks. Keep the jewellery simple, with small ear studs and a stylish bracelet
- Leggings and Kurti for the ethnic touch: Sometimes we want to look completely ethnic. So you should have kurtis of different colors and some ethnic accessories such as jhumki as it will complement your look
- Last but not the least: Shoes and sunglasses are must for you, since our profession needs a lot of travelling
So look your best every time. Be it an editorial meeting or a fashion event, just rock it.