President Donald Trump was all praise for PM Modi in his historic speech, take a look at important points if you missed them!
US President Donald Trump received a massive welcome on the first day of his India visit. A huge campaign-style rally in the homeland of Prime Minister Narendra Modi was organized. Donald Trump and First Lady Melania Trump’s two-day visit started from Ahmedabad where he was joined by PM Modi for an unprecedented roadshow and a historic joint address at a mega event ‘Namaste Trump’ in front of a packed Motera stadium.
While addressing at the “Namaste Trump” event, President Trump praised PM Modi and listed the achievements of the Modi government. He also announced a defence deal, including for helicopters worth $3 billion deal with India.
Let’s look at 5 key takeaways from Donald Trump’s speech:
1. President had all praise in his speech for India and Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi. He said India and Narendra Modi are a very good friend of Donald Trump and the United States.
2. Trump announced a $3 billion defence deal with India. He said, “I am pleased to announce that tomorrow our representatives will sign deals to sell over $3 billion, in the absolute finest state of the art military helicopters and other equipment to the Indian armed forces.” He also emphasized that the US will become a premier defence partner of India.
3. While speaking about the terrorism in Pakistan, he said that his administration is working with Islamabad to crack down on terror groups operating from the country’s borders. US President said that there are signs of big process on cross-border terrorism.
4. US President also praised the vast culture of India and talked about the Shah Rukh Khan’s DDLJ (Dilwale Dulhaniya Le Jayenge) and Amitabh Bachchan’s Sholay. He also mentioned about India’s love for cricket and famous cricketers like Sachin Tendulkar and Virat Kohli.
5. Speaking about the US-India relationship, he said that India will hold a special place in our hearts. He said, “American respects, America loves and America will be faithful and loyal friends to the Indian people”.
Have a news story, an interesting write-up or simply a suggestion? Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org