Teej is a festival of love
According to Hindu rituals, Haryali Teej welcomes the monsoon season and it is primarily celebrated by women and is dedicated to Goddess Parvati and her union with Lord Shiva.
Women and girls keep fast on this day and worship Goddess Parvati and Lord Shiva to seek their blessings for the marital bliss.
It is mainly celebrated to honour the ‘Devotion and Love’ of Goddess Parvati for her husband Lord Shiva.
Here are few things that you can do to celebrate the spirit of womanhood this Teej
- So if you stay in Delhi do not forget to go to Dilli haat as it will offer you ethnic yet trending things to wear this Teej
- Do not forget to buy bangles , earrings and nose pins for yourself
- How can you forget to put Heena on your hands with your husband’s name on it, after all it is the festival of love
- If it’s your first Teej then do not forget to look your best and seek the blessings of Lord Shiva and Goddess Parvati
- Last but not the least do not forget to exchange Ghewar