Teacher’s day: 7 Bollywood movies beautifully depict the relationship of teacher and student
- Taare Zameen Par
- Scroll for more…
A teacher plays an important role in a child’s life. A teacher shapes the future of the student. You must have also met many such teachers who greatly impacted your life. Bollywood has also been showing the relationship of teacher and student from time to time. Many movies have reminded us of our school and college days. We have also seen the image of strict teachers on the cinema screen, and there have been teachers we had a crush on at one time or another.
1. Iqbal: Iqbal is a unique story of a boy who aspires to become a cricketer and finds himself a mentor who trains him to fulfil his dream. Shreyas Talpade plays Iqbal, and Naseeruddin Shah plays the role of a drunk mentor. The film is about the struggle of a small-town boy and how this teacher-student duo overcomes every obstacle to achieve their ultimate goal.
2. Taare Zameen Par: The film is about a child with dyslexia. Instead of understanding him, his parents put pressure on him and put him in a boarding school one day. His problem is understood by Ram Shankar Nikumbha (Aamir Khan), a substitute art teacher who attends the school. When all the teachers washed their hands off the child, Ram Shankar Nikumbh took up the responsibility of teaching Ishaan. Ishaan keeps getting better and excels in his studies.
3. Hichki: While we have seen many students struggle with school, here is a teacher who has to overcome her shortcomings to do justice to her profession. Naina Mathur, played by Rani Mukerji, aspires to be a teacher but suffers from a nerve disorder called Tourette’s syndrome, which causes her to have hiccups frequently. This makes her a laughing stock among children. Along with this, they are tasked with teaching such children who are Satan. Naina helps those children and, by guiding them well, becomes an ideal teacher and achieves her stated goal.
4. Paathshaala: Pathshaala is a film about the Indian education system. Pathshaala tries to answer many such questions related to the sanctity of today’s education system. It also throws light on the shortcomings and wrongdoings in today’s schools. It depicts the issue of how children’s future is being targeted amid competition and money-making ideologies. At the same time, some teachers like Rahul Udayavar (Shahid Kapoor) fight such people in this film and raise their voices for the future of children.
5. Do Dooni Chaar: In life, you must have also been brought up with such teachers who are very honest and loyal about their work. He tries to take bribes for the family’s happiness, but he sees his child’s future sinking into darkness. He refuses the bribe and instructs the child to study diligently.
6. 3 Idiots: In the film, Veeru Sahastrabuddhe (Boman Irani) is the bad teacher who happens to be in our schools and colleges. The film centres around three friends Rancho (Aamir Khan), Raju (Sharman Joshi), and Farhan (R. Madhavan), from an engineering college. Rancho always thinks and tells everyone that he should run after excellence; success will follow automatically. In the end, he even manages to explain it.
7. Stanley Ka Dabba: This film gives you an emotional ride. It is a film in which an orphan child is thrown out because he does not bring a tiffin. Her accompanist is Miss Rosy (Divya Dutta), who confronts Stanley’s harassing teacher Amol Gupta. The film shows both the good and the wrong side of the school.
What’s your best memory with your teacher?
Edited By Ayushi mittal