Here is why Kindness should be taught in schools?
A lot of times we come across the phrase “random acts of Kindness”, right? Be good to others, show your care and be kind. Don’t you think all these have become really popular in last few years? But how many of us actually practice kindness. Only talking about Kindness will not make this world a better place. Well, kindness could perhaps be best explained by those who have learned the act of giving and passing it forward.
Kindness cannot be learnt by only thinking and talking about it. Kindness is best learned by feeling it, so that people can reproduce it. In this cruel world, where there is so much negativity, it is important to teach children the lesson of Kindness right from the beginning.
Here are 5 important reasons that why Kindness should be taught in Schools:
- It improves Self- esteem: Some studies show that people experience a helper’s high when they do a good deed. The rush of endorphins creates a lasting sense of pride and well –being, which automatically enhance self- esteem of a child
- It Reduces Depression: Doing good deeds to others reduces chances of depression in children. Doing good act increases the level of serotonin, a natural chemical responsible for improving mood.
- They bond better: The good feelings that a receiver and giver experience during the act is just amazing. When they care for someone, they become more joyful and compassionate.
- Better concentration: Kind acts help children to feel good about them as it increases the level of serotonin. This important chemical affects learning, memory, mood, sleep, health and digestion. All this result in better concentration and better results.
- Effects of Bullying can be reduced: Teaching kindness in schools not only foster positive environment, but it also helps in reducing the effects of bullying. Compassion and Kindness give the sense of belongingness to kids.
Have a news story, an interesting write-up or simply a suggestion? Write to us at email@example.com