Festive Special: 7 ways to take care of your skin and hair this Holi
Holi- the festival of colors is just round the corner. We all eagerly wait for this festival as Holi brings joy, unrestrained happiness and a promise full of warm days coming ahead. But Holi also means damaged hair and other skin problems. As you get mentally prepared to be drenched in colors by friends and family, it is very important that you also safeguard yourself from the toxic colors. Here are few simple ways to keep your skin and hair this Holi.
Gone are the days when colors were made up of flowers and herbs. Today, Holi colors are made up of engine oil, diesel, acids and glass powder which can badly damage our skin.
So, before you play Holi this year keep these points in mind to keep all types of irritation and hair problems at bay. 7 ways to take care of your skin and hair this Holi, take a look.
- While you dig out old clothes from your wardrobe, make sure whatever you choose should cover maximum part of your body when you play Holi.
Related : Significance Of Holi
2. Do not forget to apply oil and moisturizer before you start playing Holi.
3. Drink lots of water and juices before you step out and start playing holi. Water will keep your body hydrated and your skin will become less vulnerable to harsh colors.
Related : Festival Of Colors And Joy: Holi
4. Although it is not possible to play Holi indoor, but make sure you apply waterproof sunscreen lotion as it will prevent you from getting a severe tan.
5. For your lips and ears, you can use Vaseline or lip balm. You can apply Vaseline under your nails too.
6. Once you have enjoyed Holi. Remove the colors. It is always advisable to remove while it’s still wet. Dry colors are actually difficult to remove.
7. Do not rub the skin vigorously in order to get rid of colors. Use a mild cleanser to remove the colors.