Best tips for summer outfits for moms
Those days are long gone when only options available for mature ladies were grandma sweaters and muumuu dresses. It’s absolutely possible to look elegant and fabulous in your fifties. Here are a few summer outfit tips for mom on how to ace your styling, costume ideas, and dressing game.
1. Go shopping with your daughter or a friend who has knowledge about fashion. Take their advice as they will give you true input on what really looks good on you.
2. If you are rocking the same hairstyle for ages, then now it’s time to change it. Ask your friends and hairstylist about what would suit you best. You can also take inspiration from the internet and magazines.
3. Update your look with makeup. Try new looks or get a makeover and ask your friends for feedback.
4. Raid your wardrobe and answer these questions. What you like to wear and why? What you don’t like to wear and why?
1. When shopping for apparel, buy clothes that will divert attention towards your good feature. For example, if you don’t like your legs then go for dark leggings or skirts and dresses that are long and flowy.
2. Heavy waistline? Then buy apparels with block designs which trick your eye in making you appear slimmer.
3. Women with bulky thighs can wear dark pants or jeans along with a patterned blouse to divert attention from the thighs.
1. Proper Fit
If you want to look elegant and classy than clothes that fit properly are a must. Oversized clothes make you look fatter and shorter while tightly fitted outfits can cause discomfort and problems like boob-spills.
2. Right undergarments
Unless you spend hours in the gym doing a workout regime, you cannot afford to skip this option. Shapewear is essential because it shapes and sculpts your body as well as offers firm support. It also smoothens out the fabric and reduces creases and fine lines.
3. Sweaters & Cardigans
Sweaters and cardigans are great pieces that can be used for layering. If you look forward to outfits that are stylish yet comfortable simultaneously, then draped cardigan is meant for you. Cardigans are perfect for layering and can be layered with tops, blouses, and dresses. They have the potential to uplift your look entirely.
Jeans are classy and comfortable. They are a piece of clothing that every fifty-something woman should have in her wardrobe. Boot-Cut jeans or one with a figure-flattering cut and dark shade will give you slimming effect. While buying a pair of jeans look for tummy tucking panel, good stretch, dark wash, proper fit, and elastic waist.
Opt for rich and luxurious fabrics like cashmere, soft fur, buttery leather, etc. There are various types and patterns of jackets that are available in the shops such as Pea Jackets, Leather Jackets, Trench Coats, Denim Jackets, etc. While purchasing jackets look for comfort, close-fit, quality, style and versatility.
Ditch the shoes with high heels. Instead, go for options like box heels, strapped sandals, stylish flats, or wedges. Choose footwear that promises durability, comfort and go-everywhere walkability along with good looks.
Styles like the wrap around dress, sheath dress, and fit-and-flare dress can be flattering for every woman who is around 50. Accessorize wrap around dress with a belt that is buckled at the side. Avoid fastening belt at the center. Layer sheath or bodycon dresses with cardigans and jackets. Pair fit-and-flare dresses in pretty sandals and handbags for a sophisticated look. Take care that the length of dresses is at least up to the knees.
8. Add a pop of color
Being fifty doesn’t mean wearing boring and dull clothes. You can add a dash of color to your outfit by utilizing fun prints, colorful scarfs, a subtle bow, a statement necklace, etc. This adds fun and youthfulness to your attire. Take care to maintain a balance between dark and light shades and you are good to go.
It’s possible to look elegant and sophisticated if you follow these simple styling rules. All you need to do is update your look, opt for clothes with proper fitting, utilize shapewear, experiment with layering, stick to classics and you are ready to take on the world with your poise and elegance.
Have a news story, an interesting write-up or simply a suggestion? Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org