Well, we girls are very much conscious about our looks, especially about skin. Afterall, who doesn’t want a flawless and spotless skin? If you spend a lot of money on your skin products and you are still not satisfied, then switch to natural products. The skin is one of the most ill-treated parts of the body since it is subjected to a lot, especially in polluted cities. Needless to say, we are looking for ways to rejuvenate the skin and maintain its glow. But how you can get a natural glow? There is one technique that is trending these days and it is – Skin Iceing.
Do you know what is Skin Iceing?
As the name suggests, it is applying ice on the skin, to derive the benefits of the cooling agent on your skin. Experts believe that doing it correctly at regular intervals will optimize the positive effects.
Guide for Skin Iceing?
Ideally, take four or five ice cubes from the ice trays and put them in a soft cotton cloth. You can use a soft handkerchief for it. Roll the ends, and use the covered ice cubes to massage your face and body gently. When applying it to your face, move the ice in gentle circular motions for a minute or two. You can use it on your forehead, cheeks, jawline, nose, chin, and around the lips. Do it slowly! Don’t rub it on your face.
Skin Iceing Benefits that are enough to drive you crazy for it:
1. Improves Blood Circulation: The low temperature of the ice reduces the blood flow in the capillaries and lessens the quantity of blood under the skin at that point. Gradually, the iced part of the body responds to the cold treatment and sends an increased flow of warm blood into the area, improving circulation. This flow of warm blood helps to clear up the toxins as well. As an effect of all these actions, the dullness of the skin will disappear. When the blood circulation in the body improves, many other functions are enhanced. Improved blood circulation also helps clear the passages in the blood vessels apart from adding a little color to the skin.
2. Soothes Sunburn: If you like to visit the beach often, or even have to be out for long periods of time in the sun, you probably may be subjected to sunburn, which you may realize much after. Sunburns can affect the skin quality, apart from being really painful. The icing is one of the quickest and most effective remedies to heal sunburns. You even no need to apply any type of creams that are made up of chemicals on your affected area. For best results, use cubes made of aloe gel. If you do not have aloe cubes readily available, apply aloe gel on the skin and then start the icing process.
3. Best way to beat the heat: With the weather conditions we live in, we tend to face the harshness brought in by the heat, especially in the summer months. Thanks to rain that happens yesterday in Delhi. You can use multiple ways to cool off during these months, but surely give skin icing a chance! An obvious effect of icing is that it cools the skin down, which is refreshing not just for the body (skin) but also the mind. Try this technique instead of consuming iced drinks and risking a sore throat! This method also works wonders for those women experience hot flashes during pregnancy.
4. Refreshes the eyes and reduce Puffiness: The face, especially the eyes, is where the tiredness of a person shows immediately. For instant relief, you can dip some cotton balls or eye pads in iced water for a few seconds, squeeze them and place them on your eyelids to feel the discomfort just disappear. Add a few drops of rose water to the iced water for a refreshing feeling. To eliminate puffiness under the eyes, wrap ice cubes in a soft cloth or gauze and gently dab on and around the puffy eyes moving from the inner eye corners up towards the eyebrow in a circular motion. A few experts also suggest doing this with iced coffee cubes. The caffeine in the coffee has constrictive properties which will eliminate the under-eye bags. If coffee doesn’t work for you or your dislike its aroma, try green tea cubes.
Other Ingredients you can use with ice!
1. Rose water acts as a toner, which soothes and hydrates the skin, apart from controlling oil secretion.
2. Fresh lemon juice will help to combat the appearance of aging skin, freckles and dark spots.
3. Cucumber puree is fresh and has a cooling effect on the skin.
4. Blueberry puree enables natural exfoliation of the dead skin.
5. Coffee has constricting powers which uplift the tiredness in the skin.
6. Using a freshly brewed tea like chamomile or green tea will reduce inflammation and will have anti-aging benefits.
7. To improve the glow on your skin, you can freeze cubes of rice water and use them directly after a shower.
Have a news story, an interesting write-up or simply a suggestion? Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org