Major achievements of Sharad Pawar in his 50 years of political career
Sharad Pawar is celebrating his 79th Birthday on 12th December. The Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) is a prominent face in Indian politics as well as regional politics of Maharashtra. He has spent more than 50 years, where he has held important portfolios like Minister of Defence, Minister of Agriculture, Minister of Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution in Union Cabinet. He was also Chief Minister of Maharashtra thrice between 1978-1980, 1988-1991, and 1993-1995. Sharad Pawar served as President of Board for Cricket Control in India from 2005 to 2008, President of International Cricket Council from 2010 to 2012. He was elected as the President of Mumbai Cricket Association between 2001-2010, 2012 and in 2015.
Major achievements of Sharad Pawar in his entire career
– Sharad Pawar is now called the real “Chanakya” as he led Maha Vikas Aghadi, a coalition government of Shiv Sena- NCP-Congress in Maharashtra after BJP-Sena failed to come to an agreement.
– He became the Chief Minister of Maharashtra at the age of 38. He did it by toppling the Congress government of Vasantdada Patil split the party and formed a coalition government with the Janata Party under the banner of the Progressive Democratic Front.
– The Baramati constituency, which he served from 1991 to 2009, is considered one of the most industrialized place in western Maharashtra.
– Sharad Pawar believes in entrepreneurship and attracting foreign investment.
– Pawar delivered a speech in rains in recently held Vidhan Sabha Elections. It became the highlight of the campaign and helped NCP win 54 seats.
– His daughter Supriya Sule is currently the MP from Sabarmati. She is considered as the next chief of NCP. His nephew Ajit Pawar is also a famous politician.
– In 1991 after the Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi was assassinated, there were reports in media that Pawar’s name was being considered for the Prime Minister post.
Have a news story, an interesting write-up or simply a suggestion? Write to us at email@example.com