Here are 8 points that you need to know about the settlement on Ram Mandir
According to a report, Supreme Court has suggested out-of- court settlement on Ram Mandir. The apex court has suggested that Ram Mandir is a sensitive and sentimental issue and should be sorted outside the court through discussion. Notably, the court has stated that it will only intervene if the matter cannot be resolved through talks. The Ram Mandir matter has been pending since 2010, when Supreme Court had put a freeze on a judgment by Allahabad Court. The High Court judgment had stated that Lord Rama was born under the central dome and Hindus have all the rights to worship there.
Here are 8 latest developments that you should know:
1. The Chief Justice JS Khehar has said that it is a sensitive issue. So, first sit together and sort out the issue.
He further added that if it would not get resolved by the discussion, then only Supreme Court will come into the picture.
2. Notably, BJP Leader Subramanian Swamy had requested the apex court to up an appeal to build the Ram Mandir, which has been pending from the past six years.
3. In response to his appeal, Chief Justice JS Khehar has suggested to solve the issue outside the court. According to him, it is difficult to make both the parties sit and make them talk about the issue.
4. The proposed Ram Temple in Ayodha has been one of the most talked and controversial issue over the past 25 years.
5. Ahead of UP polls, BJP President Amit Shah had said there was no contradiction between the temple and development.
6. In the year 1992, Kar Sevaks, had pulled down a masjid which had been standing on the spot since days of Mughal Emperor Babar.
7. The place is popularly believed to be the birthplace of Lord Rama.
8. Various religious sects have been pushing for building a grand temple there.