Romantic-comedy drama every fan of Korean Drama should watch during lockdown
There were the days when ‘K’ serials meant Indian tear-jerkers or confusing family dramas with complicated ‘memory loss’ plots and endless twists of reincarnation. The new K-drama lovers don’t just stop at watching the dramas: they pick up the language, explore the food and immerse themselves in the culture — of Korea. Several fans on social media wrote on social media about Korean dramas. They loved it. Many people say Korean dramas are better than Indian soaps because the scripts are well-written, and every aspect of modern life, from romance and office politics to family dramas, makes an appearance.
Fans don’t know what sort of magic these shows possess, but there’s nothing like a K-Drama to put my emotions and fangirling tendencies into overdrive. So during the lockdown, if you’re looking for a good laugh, a good cry, a good scare, or a good dose of butterflies in your stomach (thanks to all the drop-dead-gorgeous stars), a Korean-language show will probably give you your fix. And, yes, they are absolutely worth the minimal effort it takes to read subtitles.
Because of Korean Drama, Indian curiosity increases towards Korean food, language, and culture, among K-fans of all ages. Korean dramas have become a worldwide phenomenon. Here are the five romantic comedy-drama you should binge-watch during a lockdown
1. My Love from the Star: It is a story of a Man Falling From the Star. It tells the romance of an alien that arrived on earth 400 years ago and a blunt top Hallyu actress star. You should watch this drama because of the perfect acting and perfect plot. It is hilarious too. Also, it also has a heart-fluttering romance. The star cast includes Kim SooHyun, Jun Ji Hyun, Park Hae-jin, Yoo In Na.
2. Legend of the Blue Sea: It tells the story of the romance of a mermaid and a son of a rich businessman who turned into a con-man. The drama is a fantasy drama on the original subject of mermaids. It has hilarious scenes, a love line, and magical elements. The star cast includes Jun Ji Hyun, Lee Minho.
3. I am not a Robot: It is a story of a man, who has never loved someone due to his allergy to other people, starts to meet a woman pretending to be an android robot, and falls for her. The story is a hero in itself. The story’s characters are struggling with their own issues and have a cute and innocent love. The star cast includes Yoo Seung Ho, Chae Soo Bin.
4. Weightlifting Fairy Kim BokJoo: It tells the story of the dreams of students in college. This drama should be viewed because the combination of both lead actors with perfect chemistry gave birth to this must-watch romantic comedy romance. The star cast includes Nam JooHyuk, Lee SungKyung.
5. Strong Girl BongSoon: It is a light romantic comedy with a thriller background. The main female character is as strong as Superwoman and the male character is deeply in love with her. The lead female actor was born with superhuman strength. Due to her strength, she becomes the bodyguard of the rich CEO Ahn MinHyuk. This drama also has perfect chemistry between two lead actors. The star cast includes Park BoYoung, Park HyungSik, JiSoo.
Korean dramas are very famous for films with the romance-comedy genre that make the audience go crazy after them. Even though Korean dramas have several series that are quite long, the storyline is never boring! Self-isolating at home has opened the floodgates for these diverse television programs, whose uplifting and heartwarming narratives offer a certain kind of solace for life under lockdown. Korean dramas shed light on pressing issues: class divides, the power dynamics between men and women, attitudes toward work and success, frustrations about love, workplace politics, and other complexities of social life in South Korea. Hence, you can binge Korean dramas to uplift your mood.
Have a news story, an interesting write-up or simply a suggestion? Write to us at email@example.com