Republic Day 2020: Plan your weekend in a perfect way
Republic Day 2020: With the 26th of January, this year being a Sunday here is a chance to plan your weekend in a perfect way. Notably, we are going to celebrate 71st Republic Day this year. The most basic thing that you can do is watch the parade in the morning and admire the beautiful tableaus of the different States, Indian Navy and many more and obviously, the Flag Hoisting.
The state tableaus that will not be displayed are that of West Bengal, Kerala, Maharashtra, Uttarakhand and Bihar. After watching Parade, here is what you can do on this day, take a look:
1. Host a themed party: Decide a theme (say, freedom fighters, keeping the spirits of Republic Day) and ask people to dress up accordingly and have lost of food.
2. Visit an orphanage: One of the most selfless and beautiful things you can do is to visit an Orphanage and distribute food and sweets to the children. There is nothing more precious than the smiles of these kids when you give them something.
3. Again, another basic thing you can do is just watch a movie and order in some hot food and enjoy the winter from the comforts of your home.
4. If you want to take an extra benefit of the special day, take a day off and just make it into a long weekend for a short trip. Here are some places around Delhi that would make a good visit-
5. Agra- It can be a one day or a two days trip. You can cover all the major attractions easily and also shop for some juttis.
6. Jaipur- A favourite and easiest place to go from Delhi, Jaipur will never disappoint you. Don’t forget to have the famous lassiand pyaz ke kachorifrom Rawat.
7. Shimla– If the Delhi winter is not enough for you, then you can visit the mountains to see some snowfall.
8. Jim Corbett National Park– If you are a wildlife enthusiast or a nature lover, this is the best place to go. There are some great jungle resorts you can stay at.
9. Kasar Devi– Near Almora, it is a small place which is famous for its temple. This is one of the most quaint and lovely places that should be on your list regardless of anything.
Have a news story, an interesting write-up or simply a suggestion? Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org