HappyBirthdayRekhaji : The iconic beauty turns a year older and what every woman should learn from her
HappyBirthdayRekhaji, the iconic actress has turned a year older. She is a timeless beauty and her beauty seems to remain untouched with each passing year. She was born on October 10, 1954, in Chennai. She has worked in more than 175 films during her Bollywood career. She won National Award for her phenomenal acting in 1981 period romance Umrao Jaan. She also bagged three Filmfare Awards for the film. In 2010, she received the Padma Shri. Well, she is an evergreen actress without a doubt.
Here are 5 things you didn’t know about Bold and Beautiful Rekha
1. Rekha Started off her career as a child artist in the year 1966 with a Telugu film Rangula Ratnam. Later in the year 1969, she made her debut as a lead actress in Kannada film Operation Jackpot Nalli. Notably, in the same year, she made her Hindi film debut in Anjana Safar.
2. During an interview with Simi Garewal, how she struggled during the initial years of her career. She wasn’t able to communicate with her cast and crew due to the language barrier. She constantly missed her mother who was critically ill and she had to maintain a strict diet regime too.
3. She struggled a lot to make her name in Bollywood. During the initial years of her career, she wasn’t taken seriously. But she never gave up and finally got her due credit by the film Do Anjane which released in 1976. The film starred Rekha and Amitabh Bachchan in lead roles.
4. Rekha has one sister, five half-sisters and one-half brother. They all have one father but different mothers. Even though Rekha and her cousins have different mothers, the actress is really attached to them.
5. She is an inspiration to millions of women out there. She had to face a lot of ups and downs in her personal and professional life but she never gave up. Whenever life gave her lemons she made lemonade out of it and that’s what we all should learn from her.