Brain Dead reveal their FW2O collaboration featuring Reebok’s classic Beatnik and Pump Court silhouettes
Reebok and Los Angeles creative collective Brain Dead reveal their FW2O collaboration featuring Reebok’s classic BeatnLiik and Pump Court silhouettes uncovered as ancient artifacts, available exclusively on shop4reebok.com and Veg Nonveg beginning September 18th.
As portrayed in Brain Dead’s fantastical campaign film produced by L.A. -based artistic studio SUPERDOOM, fabled researcher and historian Solomon Wright has discovered two ancient artifacts – the historic Beatnik (”The Key”) and Pump Court (”The Battery”) – unlocking a door to interdimensional travel.
“When we first read the manuscript written by Solomon Wright, we were shocked – How could such important research not be taught in school? “remarked Brain Dead.” We had heard theories of when and where humans came in contact with technology before – evolution, creating the wheel, fire, etc. but never read anything so compelling as Solomon’s book.”
Compelled to help spread Solomon’s knowledge, Brain Dead made contract.
“When we reached out to Solomon … we were surprised to find him not doing so well financially. His houseboat sprung a leak and he recently lost his car and was having trouble getting around town – a sad fate for someone who had discovered interdimensional travel,” continued Brain Dead.” So, we pulled some strings and told him we had made a film to help get people interested in his research. This adaptation film is a testament to those who have not yet received word of Solomon’s book. It’s just a taste of Solomon’s sacred knowledge.”
Brain Dead x Reebok Beatnik – “The Key”
- Layered multi-colour upper dressed in earth tones e.g. space grey, goal green, paperwhite, royal orchid, and bare brown
- Translucent paperwhite bladder and toe box reveal Pellegrini cavallino boogie vamp at the forefoot, while transparent slate overlay at rear reveals chalk green heel panel
- Yellow filament pops on upper and tongue with slate and cyclone gray linings at upper and interior
- Chalk green soft textile heel bootie and sock liner with yellow filament Reebok and Brain Dead logos
- Brain Dead logo with Reebok star crest on Pump button
- Solid paperwhite midsole seated atop black and multi-color rubber outsole matching earth-tone upper
Brain Dead x Reebok Pump Court – “The Battery”
- Vintage navysplit suede vamp over ivy green midsole and slate gray rippled outsole
- Bare brown and ivy green custom heel webbing straps at heel and forefoot respectively, each dressed in “Brain Dead” wordmark
- Yellow filament strapping hardware adorning Reebok ’v’ector and wordmark
- Pellegrini cavallino boogie forefoot upper
The Reebok x Brain Dead collection is available beginning 18th September, at www.shop4reebok.com and Veg Nonveg starting INR 9,999.
For more information please visit the Instagram handle @reebokclassicindia
Have a news story, an interesting write-up or simply a suggestion? Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org