10 Things You Must Know About Maryada Purushottam Rama!
We celebrate a lot of festivals in India and one of them is Ram Navami. It is celebrated on the ninth day of Chaitra Navartri. Today, we will tell you 10 important things about Lord Rama.
It is celebrated because of the arrival of Vishnu’s 7th avatar, Rama.on prithvi.(earth) Lord Rama is worshipped with greatest respect. In Andhra Pradesh, Ram Navami marked as the marriage anniversary of Rama and Sita, which is also called as Sitaram kalyanam.
Let’s take a look on 10 things about Rama and his life:
- It is said that Rama is the oldest god to be worshipped in human form since Tretra Yug.
- There were three avatars of lord Vishnu in treat yug: Vamana, Parshurama, Rama.
- The name Rama means living on ideal principles.
- “Maryada Purushottam” means an epitome of the perfect man or Lord of self control which we use for Rama.
- Lord Rama belongs to Raghukul, which is considered to be greatest emperor, who is believed to have never returned anyone empty handed.
- Sita was an incarnation of Goddess Laxmi.(as mentioned in Ramayana)
- Rama ruled over Ayodhya kingdom for eleven thousand years which is marked as a golden period and adjudged as ‘Ram Rajya’
- In Mahabharata lord Shiva stated that uttering the name of Rama three times is equal to pronouncing names of thousands god.
- Very few people know that Rama had an older sister, Shanta, daughter of Dashratha and Kaushalya.
- Rama is the 394rth name of Lord Vishnu.
Have a news story, an interesting write-up or simply a suggestion? Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org