41st US President George HW Bush passed away at 94: Some Important events from his life
41st US President George Herbert Walker Bush passed away at the age of 94. He was the one who managed the end of the cold war and forged a global coalition to oust Iraqi forces from Kuwait. The official statement confirming his death was released on Friday by the family spokesperson.
He became the 41st US President in the year 1989 and served his term till 1993. Notably, the Senior Bush had also served two terms as Vice president to Ronald Reagan. He was suffering from a blood infection. Notably, his death comes eight months after that of his wife, Barbara.
In a statement, George Bush Jr who went on to become 43rd President of US said, ” Jab, Neil, Marvin, Doro and I are saddened to announce that after 94 remarkable years, our Dear Dad has died.”
Here a few interesting facts you need to know about George Herbert Walker, take a look!
1. Bush entered politics in the year 1964. By that time, he had a Texan Oil business and he was already a millionaire.
2. During World War 2, he was an aviator before being shot down by the Japnese in September 1944 while on a bombing raid.
3. He was the longest living US President. It was reported by Times last year. The second longest living US President was Jimmy Carter.
4. He graduated in the year 1948 from Yale University and he had a bachelors degree of Economics
5. Interestingly, he served the Navy during world war 2 and for his bravery during the war, he was the Distinguished flying cross.
5. Notably, George Bush Sr and his wife Barbara had the longest marriage of any presidential couple in US history and he has five children. Geroge Bush Jr has served as US President twice.
May his soul rest in Peace! He will always be remembered for his great political contribution.
Have a news story, an interesting write-up or simply a suggestion? Write to us at