A list of politicians across the country who have tested positive for the Coronavirus
After AAP MLA Atishi tested positive for the coronavirus, Delhi Health Minister Satyendar Jain also tested positive in the Coronavirus test. Apart from these two, AAP MLA from Karol Bagh Vishesh Ravi and Patel Nagar AAP MLA Rajkumar Anand have also tested positive for the global pandemic. This takes the list to 4 AAP Politicians who are found to be coronavirus positive.
Atishi, MLA from Kalkaji constituency and spokesperson for AAP complained of mild fever and cough on Tuesday. Samples were taken on Tuesday and she was found positive in the report that came on Wednesday.
Delhi Health Minister Satyendar Jain was admitted to Rajiv Gandhi Super Specialty Hospital on Tuesday after he developed a fever and drop in oxygen levels on Monday. He was found negative in the first test but positive in the second test.
Two other officers in the Delhi government functionaries were found positive for the coronavirus. Akshay Marathe, advisor to CM of Delhi and Anindita Mathur, advisor to deputy CM Manish Sisodia tested positive in the COVID-19 test.
Visited a Hunger Relief Centre in Kalkaji to check the arrangements. Spoke to the people about lockdown restrictions being lifted and the need to make health precautions a part of our daily life. We cannot become careless about the virus as the restrictions are reduced. pic.twitter.com/M8enSSYAEP
— Atishi (@AtishiAAP) May 19, 2020
Other politicians who have tested positive
- BJP leader Jyotiraditya Scindia along with his mother Madhavi Raje Scindia tested positive for the COVID-19. His mother is asymptomatic but the BJP leader who recently joined BJP leaving Congress, had mild symptoms.
- Two prominent politicians from Bengal- Nirmal Ghosh, Trinamool leader and prominent CPM leader Asok Bhattacharya were found to have coronavirus positive.
- DMK MLA from Triplicane, Tamil Nadu J Anabazhagan tested positive for the coronavirus test and was put on ventilator support. He was the first legislator to be found with Coronavirus infection in Tamil Nadu, when he was first tested.
- After J Anabazhagan, AIADMK’s MLA from Sriperumbudur, K Palani tested positive for COVID-19 in Chennai.
- NCP leader Anand Paranjpe tested positive for Coronavirus in Maharashtra during the first lockdown.
Have a news story, an interesting write-up or simply a suggestion? Write to us at email@example.com