New Zealand Christchurch Attack: New Zealand PM Confirms children among shooting victims
Ever Since the news of the mass shooting at a mosque in New Zealand, the entire world is in shock. According to reports, families are still waiting for news about their loved ones who went missing after the terrorist attacks two mosques. Here are Live updates from New Zealand Christchurch. According to reports, 49 people died in the terror attack.
Here is everything that you need to know:
1. A 28- year –old Australian man is held for the attacks. He faced the court on Saturday and he has been charged
2. Bodies are still being removed from the AI Noor Mosque where 41 people died.
3. Notably, the authorities said that it took police 36 minutes from the first of gunshot report to find and arrest the Australian. It is still not clear whether the same man attacked both the mosque or there were other attackers too.
4. Apart from this Australian man, two other people have also been taken under the custody as the investigation continues.
5. People of New Zealand rallied to offer their support to the victims. They dropped flowers and messages as sites close to AI Noor Mosque
6. Prime Minister of New Zealand Jacinda Adern has confirmed children among the shooting victim.
7.PM Jacinda Adern described it as a terrorist attack and one of New Zealand’s darkest days.
8. According to reports, 9 Indians also went missing after the mass firing.
How the events unfolded?
The first report of mass firing in AI Mosque broke at 1:40 pm on Friday. Notably, a gunman drove to the front door, entered and fired indiscriminately which lasted for five minutes. The attacker has been identified as an Australian man whose name is Breton Tarrant. He went on to live stream the attack Facebook.
As per eyewitnesses, he first chose the men prayer room in the mosque, then move to women. The social media accounts of Breton Tarrant have been removed. Notably, the social media accounts in the name of Brenton Tarrant were used to post a lengthy racist document in which the author identified the mosques that were attacked on Friday. Authorities have requested to keep the all mosques shut down until the further notice.
Have a news story, an interesting write-up or simply a suggestion? Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org