Navratri 2022: Tips for Navratri Fast, how to plan your meal?
- Navratri 2022: How to plan your meal?
- Tips from celebrity nutritionist Preety Tayagi
- How to stay energetic throughout the day
Navratri 2022 is back and it’s officially that time of the year. Well, if you are planning to fast, our celebrity nutritionist is here to help you plan your meal right. Are you wondering how to start the Navratri 2022 fasting on a healthy note? Here is how you can celebrate the occasion and endure great health benefits as well? Try out this meal plan, which will ensure not just a healthy start to these nine days but will also keep you energetic and radiant throughout the day.
— Chavi Anupam (@chavianupamjain) September 23, 2022
First and foremost, keep yourself fully hydrated. The best way to go through your Navratri fasting is to drink a lot of water and other fluids which are allowed during the fasting. Fluids such as coconut water, buttermilk (chhaach) yoghurt drinks, lemonade etc.
This will ensure that you have cleansed and detox your system and will mean that the fasting is going well for what its actual purpose is.
Here is a meal plan that you can follow:
- Start your day with a couple of glasses of plain water. For breakfast, have 1/2 cup chia pudding topped with banana slices. Use coconut milk to make your chia pudding. You can sweeten the chia pudding as per your liking.
- For lunch, go for a yoghurt smoothie. You can use your choice of fruits which are allowed during the fasting. Make a light smoothie and have a full glass of it. Ensure that you feel full but avoid taking any grains. Limit the cereal intake (such as buckwheat and tapioca to just once a day)
- You can add some pumpkin seeds to your smoothie if desired.
- For evening snacks have one coconut water.
- Finally, open your fast by offering your prayers to the goddess. You can have a meal of buckwheat pakoras made with pumpkins and sweet potatoes, served with 1 cup yoghurt Raita and some salad on the side. Use only rock salt during Navratri.
This meal plan is an excellent way to start the Navratri and gain maximum health benefits to achieve your goals of detoxification along with weight loss. Remember, to be well-nourished while fasting is the best way to conduct the celebrations. Enjoy this blissful time of Navratri with your loved ones in the best possible way!!