Try this simple Sabudana Vada during the fasting period
In Indian culture and tradition, Maa Durga and her nine avatars forms are worshipped by Hindus all across the nation. Many devotees of Maa Durga do fast to seek blessings of Goddess Durga. The food that is taken during Navatri doesn’t contain onion, garlic, wheat products, lentils or pulses. Sabudana is a common ingredient that is mostly used during the fasting period. Sabudana Vada is one of those recipes that are made during religious fasting.
- Prep Time: 30-40 minutes
- Cook Time: 4o-50 minutes
- 1 kg Potatoes- boiled, peeled and mashed
- 1 cup sabudana
- 2 tbsp salt- sendha namak(rock salt)
- ½ cup peanuts- coarsely pounded
- 1 tbsp chilli powder
- 1 tbsp coriander leaves- chopped
- 1 tbsp green chilli- chopped
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Oil for frying
- Soak the sabudana in water for about 1 hour before cooking.
- Now mix the potatoes, salt, peanuts, chilli powder, coriander, green chillies, and the lemon juice altogether for the filling.
- Roll the mixture in the soaked sabudana.
- Take a pan and pour some oil into it.
- Heat till it get boiling hot.
- Now, dip the patty balls and deep fry it.
Have a news story, an interesting write-up or simply a suggestion? Write to us at email@example.com