Navaratri 2019: What all you should not do to seek the blessings of Maa Durga?
Chaitra Navaratri 2019 will begin from April 6, 2019, and will end on April 14, 2019. According to the Georgian calendar, Chaitra Navratri marks the beginning of the Hindu New year. Notably, it always falls in the month of March- April as per the Gregorian calendar. It is a nine-day long festival and nine different forms of Maa Durga are worshipped during these days. The nine forms of Maa Durga are Shailputri, Brahmcharini, Chandraghanta, Kushmanda, Skandmata, Katyaini, Kaalratri, Mahagauri, and Siddhatri. Chaitra Navaratri is celebrated to mark the victory of good over evil as Maa Durga had killed demon Mahisashura during these nine days.
Chaitra Navaratri is celebrated with utmost zeal and enthusiasm all across India, especially in North India. Devotees offer prayers to Maa Durga with a pure heart. Kenyan Puja is done all across North India by offering them flowers, cardamom, beetal, clothes, makeup items, stationery items and home cooked food on a ninth day.
Here are 9 things that you should do to seek blessings of Maa Durga:
1. Stay away from negative thoughts. During these days it is important to away from the thoughts of ego, jealousy, and arrogance. Keep your soul and thoughts pure.
2. Fasting can also help you to seek blessings of Maa Durga. Fasting will purify your mind and body. Eat healthy food and drink a lot of water while you are fasting. Cook food with positivity and eat it with love.
3.Help people in need. Good deeds always make Maa Durga happy. Help people who are in need. You can also feed animals. Help you are less fortunate and do not expect anything in return
4. Speak good things and do not hurt anybody. Keep a check on your tongue
5. Say no Non – veg, and Alcohol. These nine days just stay away from Non –veg.
6. Indulge yourself in some spiritual work. Try meditation, Pranayam and mantra chanting. It will connect you to the higher self
7. Visit temple to offer your prayers to Maa Durga. Visiting once in 9 nine days is not a big deal. It will give you peace.
8. Let go. Do not hold on to any grudge. Just let it go as it will unburden you.
9. Spread love and harmony. Try to be nice with people around you. The main motive of the festival is to kill all kind of negativity.
Have a news story, an interesting write-up or simply a suggestion? Write to us at email@example.com