Upcoming films on OTT platforms that you can watch
A new month brings a list of new titles to many OTT platforms including Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, and Hotstar. Some are shows you won’t be able to stop watching and some are films you won’t be able to get enough of. But no matter the format, one thing is certain that you will find yourself glued to the screens this July. These films include films like Haseen Dilruba and Toofan.
Earlier the films were going to be released in theatres, but due to the pandemic, now these films will be released on OTT platforms. At the same time, this month, Ayushmann Khurrana’s wife Tahira Kashyap will also make her directorial debut. Apart from this, in the month of July, many OTT platforms like Netflix, Amazon Prime and Disney Plus Hotstar are bringing out great movies, shows and series for their viewers. So, without further delay, grab a bucket of popcorn, a soft drink or a cup of coffee if you like, and sort through this list of titles set to hit the world of OTT platforms this month.
1. The Tomorrow War: The English film The Tomorrow War is releasing on Amazon Prime Video on July 2. The Tomorrow War is a science fiction film. Written by Zach Dean, the film is directed by Chris McKay. It also stars Edwin Hodge, Sam Richardson, Betty Gilpin, Mary Lynn Rajskub and Ryan Keira Armstrong. Pratt, Rob Cowan, Bradley J. Fisher and Brian Oliver also took over as executive producers. Apart from English, the film will also be released in Hindi, Tamil and Telugu.
2. Haseen Dilruba: Fans are waiting for actress Taapsee Pannu’s upcoming film ‘Haseen Dilruba’. Haseen Dilruba will be released on Netflix on July 2. Along with Taapsee, the film stars Vikrant Messi and Harshvardhan Rane in the lead roles. The film is directed by Vinil Mathew and produced by Aanand L Rai under his banner Color Yellow Productions.
3. Caller Bomb: Caller Bomb will be released on Disney Plus Hotstar VIP on July 9. Jimmy Shergill and Asha Negi are in lead roles in this film. It revolves around the story of stopping a suicide bomber. At the same time, Jimmy is in the role of a police officer named Manoj Hessey in the film. The film is directed by Dhyanesh Zotting. The script of the film is written by Nikhil Nair.
4. Toofan: Farhan Akhtar’s most awaited film Toofan will be released this month itself. The film will premiere on Amazon Prime Video on July 16. Mrunal Thakur is in the female lead role in the film. The story is based on a street boxer becoming a champion. Paresh Rawal will be seen as the trainer of Farhan’s character.
5. The Feels Like Ishq: The Feels Like Ishq series will be released on Netflix on 23 July, in which many stories will be shown. One story is directed by Tahira Kashyap, wife of Ayushmann Khurrana. This is Tahira’s directorial debut.
6. Fear Street Part One: 1994: The horror film is based on the book series by novelist R.L. Stine. The events in the movies are linked to a curse. After a series of brutal murders, a teenager and his friends confront an evil force that has plagued their infamous city of Shadyside, Ohio for centuries. It will be released on Netflix on July 2.
7. Capone: This biographical drama stars Tom Hardy as a 47-year-old Al Capone, who after spending ten years in prison, starts suffering from dementia and comes to be haunted by his violent past.
8. Hungama 2: Bollywood comedy Hungama 2 directed by Priyadarshan will premiere on Disney On Hotstar on 23 July, skipping the wait for theatrical release as cinemas continue to remain shut in some of the biggest territories like Delhi and Mumbai. The film stars Paresh Rawal, Shilpa Shetty and Meezaan Jaffrey in lead roles.
Have a news story, an interesting write-up, or simply a suggestion? Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org