October is Mental Health Awareness Month and we need a more unashamed conversation on it
Having been treated as a taboo for centuries, mental health is only now been treated as something open to discussion. And during these strange times of the pandemic, people are being challenged with various problems related to isolation, anxiety, loneliness, addictions, insecurities, depression, stress, fears and worries. It becomes all the more important for us, as individuals, to take mental health issues seriously and bring them to open discussion without any discrimination and help people heal from within.
Mental Health is indeed a delicate matter, and hence it requires the delicate attention and willingness of an individual from within, as well as of those around him, to prevent this crumbling wall from falling. And the fact that it can affect any individual at any time, any moment, it becomes a combined responsibility of everyone as a society, to help those who are struggling to fight. Be kind and lend a helping hand, a listening ear and heartfelt understanding.
Give yourself the same care and attention that you give to others and watch yourself bloom.
Here are a few ways that can help you boost your mental health-
1. Maintain a daily gratitude journal for yourself. Include three things that you are grateful for and three things that you were able to accomplish in that day.
2. Work on your strengths. Do something that you are good at and then accomplish the other tasks.
3. Take one step at a time. You don’t need to see what is at the top of the staircase, you just need to take that one step at that time.
4. Sleep well. Make a good night sleep, an absolute necessity for your health. Lack of sleep is one of the biggest factors causing anxiety and depression.
5. Boost your brain health by consuming Gut Healthy foods. This is one of the major key factors in causing mental health issues. There is a reason why the gut is known as our second brain, and we must feed our second brain well, to keep our mental health in check, also with help https://cumbrestoltec.com/meds/buy-diazepam/.
6. Show some love to the ones you love. Visit that someone, call that someone, expresses your feelings, speaks how you feel, to that someone special
7. Make some time available for yourself. Me time is a must to pursue peace and mindfulness.
8. There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside of you. If there is anything hidden inside of you, find a way to share it with others and make yourself feel relieved, unburdened and relaxed by opening up.
9. Include Omega 3 fatty acids in your diet. Eat healthy, high nutrition foods and avoid junk food from outside. Avoid foods with chemicals, preservatives, etc.
10. Avoid alcohol and drug use.
What lies before us and what lies behind us are small matters compared to what lies within us. And when you bring what is within out into the world, miracles happen.