Recipe : Lemon and Coriander Soup will keep you warm
One of the best ways to live a happy life despite this daily inconvenience, is to boost your natural immunity, and including vitamin C rich foods in your diet is one way of achieving this.
The mouth -watering Lemon and Coriander Soup prepared with vitamin C rich ingredients like lemon, coriander, carrots and cabbage.
The vegetable stock used in the recipe of this soup helps to boost level of Vitamin C in the body. Vitamin C is also helpful in relieving cold and cough, so enjoy this comforting soup piping hot on days you feel down, or any cool winter’s day for that matter.
- Preparation Time: 10 mins
- Cooking Time: 7 mins
- Total Time: 17 mins
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup finely chopped coriander
- 2 tsp oil
- 2 tsp finely chopped garlic
- 2 tsp finely chopped green chillies
- 1/4 cup finely chopped Onions
- 1/4 cup finely chopped cabbage
- 1/4 cup finely chopped carrots
- 3 cups basic vegetable stock
- salt to taste
- 2 tsp cornflour dissolved in 2 tbsp water
How to make it?
1. Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan, add the garlic and green chillies and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
2. Add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
3. Now, its time to add the cabbage and carrots and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
4.Add the basic vegetable stock, lemon juice, salt and cornflour-water mixture, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally. Add the coriander and mix well.
Serve it hot! It will keep you warm from inside on a cold day.
Have a news story, an interesting write-up or simply a suggestion? Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org