World Chocolate Day: All you need to know about this day!
Yes, you heard it right! The entire world is celebrating chocolate day today. Well, it’s almost impossible to say ‘no’ to chocolates, isn’t it? The day is sometimes referred to as World Chocolate Day or International Chocolate Day and has been commercially celebrated since 2009. It is believed the day is to celebrate the introduction of chocolate to Europe in 1550. Chocolate is made from beans derived from the cacao tree. These beans are very bitter, so the cocoa solids and the cocoa butter has sugar added to them, along with some other ingredients in order to make the chocolate that is available to the general public.
So, on this delicious day we have come up with some unknown facts about chocolate:
1. Chocolate is lower in caffeine than tea, coffee, and coca-cola. A one-ounce bar of chocolate contains about 6mg of caffeine, whereas a five-ounce cup of regular coffee contains over 40mg.
2. Chocolate contains antioxidants that may help prevent cancer and heart disease.
3. In 1842 Cadbury’s in England created the world’s first chocolate bar.
4. It is widely believed that chocolate consumption releases a chemical into your body very similar to what is produced when you are in love.
5. Chocolates are not meant for animals. It is poisonous for them.
6. Chocolate is lower in caffeine than tea, coffee, and coca-cola. A one-ounce bar of chocolate contains about 6mg of caffeine, whereas a five-ounce cup of regular coffee contains over 40mg of caffeine.
Have a news story, an interesting write-up or simply a suggestion? Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org