Rebound sex can happen because of these four things: revenge, self-affirmation, a way to cope with the tragedy, and a way to “get over” the ex
Breaking sucks! It does because relationships are sensitive and based on love and trust. When people get angry or hurt, they tend to do some crazy things as it is human nature. It goes with couples too because they think the fastest and best way to get over someone is to get under someone else. So, when one of them feels betrayed or gets dumped that’s when they end up hooking a.k.a rebound sex with the first person a.k.a rebound partner. The rebound is just to get back at their ex as a revenge to ease the pain and get over whatever they feel inside. But the question is do you think a quick romp under the sheets will help?
Many kinds of research have revealed that most people who engage in rebound or revenge sex struggle with feelings of loneliness and the fear of being unwanted. Now to be honest, aren’t we all a little scared of being lonely at some point in life?
Get over it without getting under someone else
If you truly think about it, rebound sex is more about distracting your heart and entertaining your body. So, getting with someone to get over someone is not an answer. Researches have also revealed that you might find love in a rebound relationship but let’s be honest, what are the chances of that?
According to experts, people are most likely to get involve in rebound sex when they want four things for themselves: revenge, self-affirmation, a way to cope with the tragedy, and a way to “get over” the ex. However, there is no assurance that rebound sex will provide you with these things. Yep, you guessed it right and this is exactly where it gets a little tricky.
Jaipur based senior psychologist Dr Amitha shares her viewpoint about why having casual sex will not take away the hurt of a bad or good breakup and what you should do to get yourself back.
- Think carefully: Doing something to fill that emotional void perhaps makes you feel good at that moment, but what happens once that moment expires. It can be a helpful part of your healing process, but if you’re going into it for the wrong reasons, it can also make you feel much worse.
- Crying not at all a weakness: People cry when they are hurt, as it’s unbearable. You need to let out those unpleasant emotions as soon as possible. The tears are a sign of an emotional purge which is infinitely better than bottling in emotions.
- Know your friends: In this situation, you have to know your company with whom you spend most of your time. Be with your trustworthy friends. Hang out with them, have fun with them. If needed, call your gang and tune into Netflix and binge-watch all of your favourite shows.
- Get your shit together: Trying your best to win him/her back when he or she has closed all the doors, instead, you should get ahead in your life as your ex might be doing.
- Nourish yourself with healthy food and exercise: You should always eat but when things go wrong like this, people tend to eat unhealthy foods and do something which can harm you such as drinking or smoking too much. Help yourself by doing yoga or join a gym.
- Furry friend: Believe it or not but having a pet dog can help emotionally and psychologically. It brings positive energy and if you feel lonely even with all of your friends around, your furry friend will make sure of that.
- Block rule: If you have ended things on a good note then it won’t matter. However, if it is bad, block the person from every social media platform because there was a reason you guys are not together or probably hate each other which explains everything.
- Threw yourself to a career: The breakup might have hurt you badly, but it would also help you solidify your career and professional goals. You will know your priorities to be able to dedicate yourself to work, with no distractions.
Have a news story, an interesting write-up or simply a suggestion? Write to us at email@example.com