International Women’s Day 2019: Who says women can’t handle finances?
International Women’s Day 2019 is around the corner. Social media is flooded with so many events which are happening on March 8Th to celebrate the importance of womanhood. Today, women are doing all the things that they were not supposed to do. They are contributing to each and every field. Still, there are so many stereotypes which need to be broken. One such stereotype is that women can’t handle finances. In India, we worship goddess Laxmi for wealth and still, it is believed that women can’t handle finances. How ironical it is? The theme for International Women’s day 2019 is – ‘Balance for Better’. So, let us share our finances to balance it better.
If you talk about some influential women all across the country including Deepika Padukone, Priyanka Chopra, Falguni Nayar, founder of Nykaa, Arundhati Bhattacharya, Former Chairperson of SBI, all are managing their finances like a boss. Be it an investment, returns, profits, they know how to nail it.
Here are a few tips for all the women out there who still rely on their man for her finances.
1. Please come out of the notion that your man will take care of your finances. Even if he offers you to do it, try to do it yourself. Trust us, you will do a better job.
2. The first step towards better financial planning is to get yourself health insurance. If you are married, sit down with your husband to figure out the best policy.
3. Investment is very important. These days there are so many things in which you can invest. Paper gold, Real estate; mutual funds are some options that you can try.
4. You need to understand that saving and investment are two different concepts. To manage your finances better, try to invest, not save. If you are married, do not forget to do money talk with your husband on a regular basis. If possible get a joint financial plan.
5. Here, it is important to note that you should always opt for long –term investment. Over the long –term, equity markets normally perform better.
6. Last but not least, you need to have a proper retirement plan, don’t rely on your partner and kids.
You are your own boss. It is important to keep control of your finances in your hands. Of course, we all need guidance that you can surely take from the male figure in your life. But do not rely on your partner for your financial planning. Talk to financial experts to plan your finances better.
Have a news story, an interesting write-up or simply a suggestion? Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org