From reaching the plasma bank to the eligibility of donation, everything is inside
Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal recently inaugurated the country’s first plasma bank in New Delhi. It has been set up at the Delhi government-run Institute of Liver and Biliary Sciences (ILBS) in Vasant Kunj area of the national capital. The bank is structured to coordinate with the recovered COVID-19 patients who are able to donate plasma. It functions similarly to the blood bank and currently focuses to provide plasma to COVID-19 patients advised by the doctors.
The rising demand for plasma and it is not easily available for the seekers pushed the government to set up this one-stop centre for the donors. Now, volunteers can easily donate without the fear of getting coronavirus infection as the bank has been set up in a non-coronavirus facility.
Here is everything you should know about India’s first plasma bank
1. A person can avail the service of Plasma bank after the recommendation of the doctor
2. Patients admitted to both the private and a government hospital can avail the services
3. People aged between 18 to 60 and weighing at least 50 kg can donate their plasma.
4. People who take insulin and whose blood sugar is not stable cannot donate the plasma.
5. People who have heart, lung or kidney disease cannot donate plasma. Also, people having complaints of hypertension will be not able to donate.
6. Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal said that COVID-19 patients can donate their plasma after 14 days of their recovery.
7. You can reach the bank by calling 1031 or leaving a message at Whatsapp number – 8800007722.
8. All the donors will get an appreciation letter from the government.
9. A government doctor will contact the person who wants to donate plasma and will get basic details like medical history and other eligibility criteria.
10. Then, the person can visit the plasma bank. The government will also reimburse the transportation expense of the donor.
Have a news story, an interesting write-up or simply a suggestion? Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org